November 2011 Moms

Gallbladder girls

This has me so curious now, I want to do a poll...

Check-in if you had to get your gallbladder out postpartum.

How has recovery been?

Have you found anything you can't eat?

Will you ever wear a bikini again?

Re: Gallbladder girls

• *Hand raised* Checking in. Got mine out about 8.5 weeks pp. Started as back pain that radiated around to my right ribcage.

How has recovery been? To be honest, I felt like I was in more pain than I was after my c-section, but I think it's because I didn't have 4 days of resting in the hospital afterwards. Almost 2 weeks later, I feel totally back to normal.

Have you found anything you can't eat? Nope.

Will you ever wear a bikini again? I think these stretch marks and belly flab will keep me out of a bikini, but not the gallbladder scars (laproscopic) - if I ever find myself back in a size 6 or 8, I'd go for it again!

imageimage image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  •  Me too...had mine out about a week and a half ago.

How has recovery been?  I felt pretty horrible the first 3 or 4 days (luckily DH was an AMAZING help with the baby), then for a few days I would be sore just when I tried moving around after being in one position for a while.  The past few days I feel completely back to normal. 

Have you found anything you can't eat?  Nope, thank goodness!!

Will you ever wear a bikini again?  LOL...I've though about this...definitely not any time soon!!  We'll see how all these scars fade, especially since I also have a c-section scar.  My stomach looks a bit ridiculous!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image?
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrsL80:
    We'll see how all these scars fade, especially since I also have a c-section scar.  My stomach looks a bit ridiculous!

Ditto that! I joke that it looks like I was on the wrong end of a knife fight. Wink

imageimage image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Check-in: I had it out two weeks ago today

How has recovery been? Just started getting much better today

Have you found anything you can't eat? I haven't figured out what yet, but there's something I can't eat that I must be eating every other meal, it's probably some specific ingredient, but I just can't put my finger on it... grr...

Will you ever wear a bikini again? Well, I might look like I've been stabbed a few times, but once my stretch marks fade I'm sure I won't mind the scars at all...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check-in: I had it out Monday (two days ago)

How has recovery been? It's been OK.... honestly I was in soo much freaking unbelievable pain that the surgery was a major relief for me. I am in pain now but it's tolerable. DH has been taking care of me and relatives have been passing LO around (tomorrow is his 2 month appointment tho so we are taking him home tonight). I think the hardest part is they release you the very next day so more recovery is at home. I'm sore as hell and to be honest like PP said, it seems to hurt more that after I got home from my c/s (though the inital pain after my c/s was definitely worse than this)

Have you found anything you can't eat? The only things I have had so far have been soup, jello, and italian ice (which by the way REALLY helps with the sore throat issue... which is something that's caused me about as much pain as my incisions). I got some nice stuffed steaks the day I went into the hospital that I don't want to go bad... so I'm hoping to make those on Friday night w/o it being a problem.

Will you ever wear a bikini again? LOL I was joking about this to hubs yesterday... I have my c section scar, a roadmap of stretchmarks, and now 4 additional scars on my belly. I don't think I will be in a bikini for awhile... but maybe once the stretch marks fade I will be brave enough. Would like to lose more of this PP weight though, which I hear is more difficult once you have your gallbladder removed
  • I had it out before I got PG....but I'll chime in.

imageBeccaMarie:
    This has me so curious now, I want to do a poll...

Check-in if you had to get your gallbladder out postpartum.

How has recovery been? Recovery was fine- back to work in 3 days. Definitely had a sore belly, but nothing major.

Have you found anything you can't eat? Nope, I can eat anything I want now. Such a relief because the strangest things caused attacks for me.

Will you ever wear a bikini again? Uh, no. But not because of the GB scars- those were miniscule. But add them to the scars from my ovarian cyst removal and my massive Csection scar (nurse even commented on how large it was)....no chance of that :)

I had it out before I got PG....but I'll chime in.

• I had mine out 34 weeks pregnant! The recovery wasn't bad, it was scary having surgery while pregnant though.

It has been 4 months and I can still eat everything I did before, and even though I have 4 pretty big scars I will wear a bikini again, but not for awhile. I know from experience with another scar that is you protect your scars from sunlight for one year they significantly fade, so if I do sport a bikini this summer the scars will be covered!

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am in the testing/ diagnosing stage right now. Gah!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"