May 2012 Moms
Options

Passed My 1hr Glucose Test

It helped me to read what others did so I'll share what I did...

8am: I had a homemade egg mcmuffin for breakfast (english muffin with an egg, slice of cheese, and 2 slices salami) & 1/2 cup coffee with creamer

Then for snack at 10:45: I had cottage cheese with blueberries

Between 11am - 12pm I drank 3 big cups of water

My test was at 12:40

(I also had a huge brownie the night before - not on purpose - kind of forgot. So I'm glad I didn't listen to those who didn't eat any sugar for 3 days before, lol)

TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

Re: Passed My 1hr Glucose Test

• Options
    Congrats! It's always great to get good news!
  • Options
    Interesting! I figured I should avoid all carbs and fruit the day of. Good to know! Thanks!! And congrats!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!!!  I'm sure that's a load of your mind.  :-)
    imageimage BabyFruit Ticker For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11
  • Options
    Yay curiosity how long did it take to get your results back?
    Team Blue! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    That's great! I passed mine too, even though I didn't realize I was having it that day (it was a routine OB check-up) and I ate a carb-heavy fruit bar on the way to the appointment (oooops!). What saved me was having two eggs for breakfast that morning. Eggs are great for blood sugar (and pregnancy/baby in general)! 
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips!  I have to do mine in two weeks.  Congrats on passing yours!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This reminds me, I have a regular OB appointment this Friday.  I am assuming since I am 26 weeks they will have me do my test very soon.  Do they normally just spring this on you at a regular appointment or so you normally have notice?  I don't remember from my DD.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    imagemichyme123:

imagestemms8810:
    This reminds me, I have a regular OB appointment this Friday.  I am assuming since I am 26 weeks they will have me do my test very soon.  Do they normally just spring this on you at a regular appointment or so you normally have notice?  I don't remember from my DD.
      I just had my 25 week appt on Monday and she just told me to schedule it with the lab sometime in the next 2 weeks (so I go on Feb. 13th). So I was given warning! (all I am doing is the glucose test, I am not even going to see my Dr. that day).

For others...did the Dr. instruct you on what to eat before?? All mine said was to not eat for 2 hours before the test. My test is at 9am so I just won't have breakfast (eek!) I guess.

Thanks for the info about your test.  I am hoping I have warning too so I can get instructions on what to eat, etc. so I don't screw up the results.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    imagemichyme123:

imagestemms8810:
      I just had my 25 week appt on Monday and she just told me to schedule it with the lab sometime in the next 2 weeks (so I go on Feb. 13th). So I was given warning! (all I am doing is the glucose test, I am not even going to see my Dr. that day).

For others...did the Dr. instruct you on what to eat before?? All mine said was to not eat for 2 hours before the test. My test is at 9am so I just won't have breakfast (eek!) I guess.

Mine was scheduled with my 24 wk appt. I wasn't instructed not to eat just that I should avoid overly sugary things like sugar cereal or poptarts.. I ate normal food and avoided dessert items and sugar.  My appointment was after work though, 5:15 so i had to eat during the day but I drank a lot of water all day.  They gave me the drink and a sheet of instructions.  It's not too bad, it just sucks waiting for the results... 

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

imageBelizelovers:
    Yay curiosity how long did it take to get your results back?

Took it on Friday - got results on Tuesday

• Options
    imagemichyme123:

imagestemms8810:

same for me with the scheduling.

you should get up at 7am and have a light snack would be my advice...because that drink can make you feel light headed

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"