Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

older kiddos + a LO...

I have a 6 year old who is starting to get involved in all types of things...I'm having to come to the realization that a schedule for the LO is going to be non existent.  I remember my son being on a great schedule and having set times for naps.  Yeah...not so much on this one!  I'm trying not to feel bad on my DD just having to go with the flow, but thats hard! Tell me I'm not alone!! ;-)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: older kiddos + a LO...

• Options

My older LO is only 2, but we still have a lot going on during the week - play dates, music class, etc.  Otherwise she's bored sitting around the house all day (and so am I!)  However, as DS is getting older he really needs a quiet room to nap, not just catnaps in the car.  So I'm doing my best to find a middle ground. 

What's really helped me is to type up a (very loose) schedule for DS and put it on the fridge.  I don't feel like I have to stick to it exactly, but it helps remind me approximately when he should be eating, napping, etc.  Some days it works great, some days it all goes to hell, but just having something I can easily refer to really makes it easier to keep DS on somewhat of a routine.  At least when we are at home I have something to stick to. HTH!

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*
  • Options
    I feel the same way.  LO falls asleep in the morning then I have to pluck him out of bed to take the other two to the bus stop.  He falls asleep in the late afternoon and it's pretty much the same story.  Twice a week, he gets to bed around 7:30 due to extra-curricular activities that my other two are involved in and I feel pretty bad about it but I also remember that DS#1 had the same problems napping and never got on a consistent schedule until he was about 7 months old and DD wasn't even 2 and didn't have any activities so that consoles me a little.  I know that he will adjust.  It has already gotten better since he sleeps in a little more in the morning...wake at 7:00 instead of 6:00 which has made a huge difference in his napping schedule.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"