1st Trimester

7 weeks and low fetal heart beat, freaking out!!

Hey everyone, I went and received a u/s yesterday and the fetal heart rate was 98bpm, this worries me since its suppose to be in the 100's.  My question is that my resting heart rate is between 59-65 which is low, will my heart rate have anything to do with the babies? 

Re: 7 weeks and low fetal heart beat, freaking out!!

• Did you measure 7 weeks at the US? 

Was the doctor concerned? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had an ultrasound at 6w6d and the heart rate was also 98bpm. I asked the tech (and later my doctor) about it because I thought it was low and they both assured me that it was fine. That early in pregnancy they are only concerned if it is below 80.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageangluvsammon:
    I had an ultrasound at 6w6d and the heart rate was also 98bpm. I asked the tech (and later my doctor) about it because I thought it was low and they both assured me that it was fine. That early in pregnancy they are only concerned if it is below 80.

This^

And if your doctor wasn't concerned than don't stress yourself out about something that is probably nothing. GL!

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • I'm not sure if your heart rate has anything to do with the babies...

However, our baby was in the low 90's at 6.5w. Honestly, my dr. said it could go either way (from her experience) and we would check it at 7.5 weeks. We went in the next week and it had jumped all the way to 170! In just one week! I had a 10w appt. on Monday and it was still holding strong at 160.

It's always impossible, I know, to get yourself to not worry about it, but try to remember that every baby grows differently. It's why they date a pregnancy early on (if needed, of course) rather than in the middle, because babies grow at different speeds. They don't all fit the cookie-cutter textbook molds. Just try to keep that in mind.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I went in for my first ultrasound a little after I hit 6 weeks- The doctor said the baby measured behind and the HR was only 70- We would re-check in a week. That was the hardest week for me. A week later- I went in expecting the worst- much to my surprise- everything was perfect- HR had doubled to 140 , baby measured right on track. The nurse told me that we had probably done the first ultrasound right when the heart started beating and that's why it was low. Everything turned out fine- I'm now 18 weeks and found out last week that we are expecting a bouncin baby boy- So hang in there! Best of luckBig Smile
  • My first u/s was at 7 weeks as well and baby's heart rate was 89. A follow up the next week and it had gone up to 171. It's just on the early side. No need to worry but I totally understand. That week waiting was torture.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"