October 2012 Moms
Options

Surprise BFP

Good evening! I had a feeling all day today that something was going on with my body. I came home from work and took two preg tests, one being a digital.....both were positive.

This was not planned, and not what I had in mind.

We are 25, established careers, just built a new house and were planning on waiting 2 or so more years.

Well...Here I am. I am scared and have no idea what to do. I do not want to tell my family or anyone so here I sit scared to death.

Sorry for the rambling. Hopefully I can process this soon.

Looks like I am 3w 6 days Due Oct 11.

We have used NFP for 4 years....

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Surprise BFP

• Options

I am sorry that the timing isn't right for you.

ETA: WTF happened to the rest of my post... Im pretty sure I said something along the line of congrats and this is a great group of ladies to talk to... geez. 

• Options
    Sorry the timing is what you were expecting, but Congratulations! Welcome to the board. . . 
    Extended version in my blog, but:
    TTC since 2004
    DX: Azoospermia
    3 unmedicated IUI's, 1 with Clomid - all unsuccessful. Moving on to DIVF #1-BFP 5dp5dt!!! 1st Beta 1/23- 269!! Beta #2 1/26 - 882!!! Beta #3 1/30- 4,250!!! 1st ultrasound 2/10 showed TWINS!!! Found out on May 2nd we are having BOYS!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In a lot of ways I understand how you feel. While DD was planned, DH and I hadn't yet decided if we wanted to TTC #2--ever! I also got a surprise BFP last week and it's been a roller coaster of emotions since. I think you have to let yourself go through those emotions before you will can be truly excited about it, but you will get there. It may not have happened along the plan you had set out, but it will work out. Sometimes the best things in life are unexpected!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't think I would ever be "ready" to have a baby.  I'm 27 and my husband I said this was the right time in our lives (he was more ready than me since he's 30).  I got pregnant on the first try never thinking that would really happen and when I found out on Sunday, it was a roller coaster of emotions!!!  It's taken me 3 whole days to sink in and realize this is happening.  It's also scary for me b/c I don't care for other peoples kids!  I know I will love my own though!  Everything works out for a reason!!

DS born 9/25/12
    DS #2 due 6/13/16
  • Options
    Don't worry, you're not alone.  I am 30 and still feel like I'm not totally ready for the baby!  But it sounds like you are in a great place financially and professionally, and you'll get there emotionally too.  Welcome to the board!
    BFP#1 1/24/12 ~ EDD 10/3/12 ~ Natural m/c 2/23/12 8w/3d. Hysteroscopy 4/20/12 - 2 fibroids removed
  • Options

Welcome to the board!  As other have said, we're all a little uncertain with this process, but it certainly sounds like you are grounded and well on your way to becoming a great mom!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"