April 2012 Moms

Nursing Bra's?

So since I'm a FTM, I've been wondering how soon do I go out and buy my nursing bra's? I'm also stuck on how to know what size to get, because once I got pregnant my bra size didn't really change. Would you wait a few more weeks and then go look?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
#1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
#2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
My Blog

Re: Nursing Bra's?

• I just ordered mine since I'm on bedrest and don't know when the babies will be coming. I kind of guessed on the sizing, so hopefully someone will have a better idea. I assume once your milk comes in your boobs should get bigger.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The store that I'm getting mine at told me to come back when I'm in my last month for measurements.  They said that I'll most likely be around the same size after I deliver, so they can get a good idea of what I'll need then.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Any recommendations on brands or stores for where to buy them?  Do department stores carry nursing bras, or do you have to go to a maternity shop?
  • I wouldn't buy any nursing bras while you're still pregnant.  There's no way to know what size you'll be since it usually changes when your milk comes in.  I would wait a few weeks for your supply to regulate and then go shopping.  In the meantime, you can get by with nursing tanks and sleep style nursing bras where sizing doesn't need to be as exact.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• imagekatcarls:
    I wouldn't buy any nursing bras while you're still pregnant.  There's no way to know what size you'll be since it usually changes when your milk comes in.  I would wait a few weeks for your supply to regulate and then go shopping.  In the meantime, you can get by with nursing tanks and sleep style nursing bras where sizing doesn't need to be as exact.

This exactly. Nothing that fit in pregnancy would have fit me once my milk was in and regulated. I got away with nursing tanks and one cheap Target nursing bra for the first few weeks and went out around 2/3 weeks post partum and bought a good one at a store where they helped and measured me, etc. It was pricey but worth it. I wouldn't spend that money now when you have no way of knowing how your body is going to adjust. Wait a few weeks as well until your milk regulated the first week or so after your milk is in things can be a little out of control.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd just get a few cheap cotton bras in the size you are now to start with. You have no idea what size you will end up plus the cottons are comfy to sleep in and easier to handle when you're learning to nurse. The 'nicer' bras tend to have more padding but when you're juggling a screaming newborn it's nice to have the cotton bras, they don't get in the way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"