December 2010 Moms

Who has a kid who doesn't eat?

We had the eating kids post yesterday...now who has one who seems to subsist on air?

That's Alexander, of course, despite our tireless efforts to fatten him up.  Today for dinner I offered ground turkey, spinach ravioli and an apple.

What got eaten: a quarter of an apple.

Sigh...

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg

Re: Who has a kid who doesn't eat?

• O has been like this lately.  its driving me crazy.  i just try to offer him 5 meals (instead of 3 meals, 2 snacks) and hope hes getting a bit more.  he will usually take the fruit, MAYBE a couple pieces of veggie...and refuses meat unless its a trader joes chicken nugget. Crying
  • Nathan eats fruit and cheese, occasionally a few bites of bread but that is a rare occasion, no meat and no veggies
    Baby <a href=BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Me! Everyone who meets us comments on how "she eats like a bird" or "wow, she must just be too distracted to eat" or "hahaha is she watching her figure?" It's annoying. She has had bloodwork and is back on the growth chart, so the pedi isn't concerned... but that doesn't stop family from trying to diagnose her with all sorts of things. She just isn't a big eater, and when she does it is very low-cal stuff like fresh fruits and veggies (no matter what I offer her). I have also noticed that if she surprises us by eating a good portion of food for dinner or lunch one day she'll make up for it by eating even less the next day or the next meal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are definitely not alone!

Sam practically lives on air. I feel like I spend my whole day offering her food and she barely eats any of it...totally frustrating. I am taking her for her 1st round of blood work tomorrow and they are testing for celiac and thyroid issues along with the routine stuff. Hopefully, her slow weight gain is just her not being interested and nothing else. =/

Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I don't even have to answer this, right?  Yeah, G lives on WCM, cheddar cheese, chicken and eggs if I'm lucky.  And, of course, not much of any of them.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • C is a great breakfast eater but lunch and dinner?  Apparently, meh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Avery's four food groups are yogurt, fruit, cheese and Pirate's Booty.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• E has always been a dainty eater, but right now with teething its even worse. He had a piece of toast, 1/4 a grilled cheese, and 1/2 a yogurt today. *sigh* He lives off yogurt and cheese.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • B doesn't eat much, and it's definitely worse these past few days as he's cutting two top teeth.

His breakfast is usually decent - the rest of it is a crpshoot.

Here's an example of his daycare meals (that we send) -

breakfast: about 2 tbs of greek yogurt, 2 tbs of baby oatmeal with wcm, and 1/2 a fruit puree pouch

lunch: 1/4 of a pb and j sandwich (we send 1/2 a sandwich), 1 veggie puree pouch, fresh fruit

snack: fresh fruit and sometimes a frozen veggie

dinner: a protein of sorts (sloppy joes, chicken salad, deli meat), that he usually doesn't eat, a veggie pouch, 1/4 of a slice of cheese (we send half a slice) - the backup at dinner is to try more baby oatmeal if he doesn't eat his protein

He is pretty decent at eating WCM at least.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Yup, same here. DS seems to like all types of food. He will have a few bites of anything I give him, but he fills up (and/or gets bored) very quickly, so it's not like he's eating a ton.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • M has most recently only been interested in purees... He is refusing all finger foods. All of them. Oatmeal? Great! Pureed fruits and veggies? Sure! Solid anything? Forget it. Gah!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lucas is not a good eater.  He will drink drink drink all day long if you let him though.  :-/. We were finally getting some headway and now he is sick.  Since Sinday he has barely eaten anything.  Today it was a yogurt for breakfast (drinkable), like 2 chunks of carrot, 2 chunks of potato and half a container of diced pears for lunch and a couple caramel mum mum's.  I know he is losing weight, sigh. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"