Trying to Get Pregnant

TTGP Grad needs Help with FF Please

I was on TTGP back in Sept. 2010, had my DD last May and am now currently charting in order to avoid getting PG for awhile. Or at least trying to chart...

This is what I posted on my month board but the ladies there are too far removed from FF to offer much help:

I have a question for you: why is only one dot on my chart solid? My default time is set to 6:00 am and I've been making a valiant effort to temp as close to that time as possible this cycle (after the wackiness of last...). My understanding from when I was first learning how to use the site was that you had an allowance of +/- 30 (or 60?) minutes and the dot would still be blue.

Well, the one blue dot on my chart was from 4:00 am. My other temps were at 6:25 (first day of AF), 5:55, 5:25, 6:05, 7:35 (yay for "sleeping in"! lol), and 4:55, respectively. Four of those times are all within 30 minutes of 6:00 am, 4:00 am is no where close that. Why does it think I need to be temping at 4?

I'm having a heck of a time finding any sort of answer on the website, maybe because I'm no longer paying for VIP access. I'm *this* close to giving up on charting and just telling DH it's condoms all the time for us!

Other pertinent info would be that I'm still breastfeeding regularly, my temp from today was at 6:20 and the link to my chart is in my siggy. I'm not marking "sleep deprived" (since I no longer consider myself sleep deprived w/ DD STTN) and am wondering if I should try temping vaginally, though I don't think that that would result in solid dots. Any ideas ladies? I know if anyone can help, it's this board!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
DD born 5/15/11
DS born 11/12/12

Re: TTGP Grad needs Help with FF Please

• imageWolfette139:
    I would double check that your default time is indeed 6 am. 

I would agree. That happened to me at one point, I thought it was set and then I kept getting open circles.

imageimage
    Me: 30, DH: 33 Married 8/3/08
    BFP 7/16/2012 (8th cycle), EDD 3/27/2012, Delivered 3/24/2013 - IT'S A BOY!
  • Hmm, I'm not sure what that is.  The only time I had something like that happen was when the first temp on CD1 was at an unusual time and then FF defaulted to that time.  But from what FF says, it supposed to calculate your wake up time as you chart, setting your "usual" wake time from the times you enter most and it can change them throughout your cycle.  I would email tech support.

As a side note, I'm also BFing still and I found that vaginal temps gave me more accurate results.  I mark sleep deprived whenever DD wakes less that three hours before temping time.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Always Sunny's back b-tches!

• Loading the player...
  • imageMother Meghan:

imageWolfette139:

I would agree. That happened to me at one point, I thought it was set and then I kept getting open circles.

Thanks. I've double, triple, and quadruple checked and it's definitely set at 6am. Guess I'm going to have to contact tech support as suggested by PP. Am I correct though in thinking the circle should still be filled in if I temp within +/- 30 minutes of my usual time?

DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • imagepinkiemo:

Hmm, I'm not sure what that is.  The only time I had something like that happen was when the first temp on CD1 was at an unusual time and then FF defaulted to that time.  But from what FF says, it supposed to calculate your wake up time as you chart, setting your "usual" wake time from the times you enter most and it can change them throughout your cycle.  I would email tech support.

As a side note, I'm also BFing still and I found that vaginal temps gave me more accurate results.  I mark sleep deprived whenever DD wakes less that three hours before temping time.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate being able to see your charts while BFing. When your DD wakes, do you feed her and then go back to sleep and temp at your normal time or do you temp when she first wakes? That's something I've been unsure of...I could temp when DD first wakes, after I've already gotten a solid 3 hours and before I go attend to her or I can temp at my usual time but on less than 3 hours. Which do you think is better?

DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • imageWolfette139:
    imageLollyBug18:
    imageMother Meghan:

imageWolfette139:

Thanks. I've double, triple, and quadruple checked and it's definitely set at 6am. Guess I'm going to have to contact tech support as suggested by PP. Am I correct though in thinking the circle should still be filled in if I temp within +/- 30 minutes of my usual time?

Hmmm, that's strange.  It should be filled as long as you are within the 30 minute zone and as long as you don't mark sleep deprived.  It's just really odd that your only filled in circle is the 4 am temp.  Definitely check with tech support.  Good luck!  Your daughter is so cute!

Aw, thanks. Good luck to you as well! Smile 

DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Is your time zone set properly? Are you putting these temps in via a FF app or the website? 

Hmm...just went to check. It has the correct date and time in the settings section. I use the website. A couple cycles back I tried the app for droid and didn't like it so I deleted it from my phone. Occasionally I still enter the temp on my phone on the website with the opera mini browser but I don't think I've done that for this cycle, I've only accessed the site through my computer.

DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"