June 2011 Moms

Hates milk but loves solids?!

So LO has always been a bit of a fussy eater. He won't BF so I EP and give it to him in a bottle. Lately he's been showing absolutely no interest in drinking milk. But then he'll gobble down a bowl of veggies or fruit and want more!

Should I concerned? I know at this point the nutrients in my milk are still more important than the nutrients in solids so I'm trying to get him to take as much as I can. When is the earliest babies can wean?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hates milk but loves solids?!

• DS has self weaned :( he is 8 months and cries at the breast and then bites if i do actually get him to take it.... he just wants solids, and milk in his sippy!! it's sad, but i've tried everything :(

as long as he's getting some milk - be it yours or formula (i think at 8 months they should be having 3-4 milk feeds a day along with solids) although every one has a different opinion.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh, I am having the exact same problem and Violet is already in the 10% for weight!  She wants nothing or little to do with formula but loves veggies!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekbell00:

So LO has always been a bit of a fussy eater. He won't BF so I EP and give it to him in a bottle. Lately he's been showing absolutely no interest in drinking milk. But then he'll gobble down a bowl of veggies or fruit and want more!

Should I concerned? I know at this point the nutrients in my milk are still more important than the nutrients in solids so I'm trying to get him to take as much as I can. When is the earliest babies can wean?

I HEAR YA. I brought Sophie to the DR last week because of this... She was eating, maybe, 2-3oz (formula) a day, but would chow down on her solids. I was getting concerned about her becoming dehydrated. I posted on here, and a few ladies suggested a possible ear infection. She hadn't been playing or pulling at her ears, but I figured anything is possible so I brought her in. DR looked her over and she's just fine! She'll drink water, and pedialyte (from a straw) just not a bottle. (won't drink formula from a straw) I'm just giving her what I can, and mixing formula (in your case BM) in LOs food to try and keep offering her drinks. She'll maybe drink 9-16oz a day... I just offer it to her, really nothing more you can do as long as LO is acting normal! Sorry that's not much help, just know your not alone
    Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Martin has definitely decreased his milk intake lately. He normally would take about 32-38 ounces but he's down to about 30 each day. He just LOVES his solids lol. I have heard over and over again that their primary source for nutrition should be BM/FF until 1 year old. Could you try a sippy cup filled with milk? If nothing works, then I say just try to get him the best you can in solids for a balanced, nutrient rich meal. Make sure that you're including meats for good protein.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! Your responses definitely make me feel better. I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I thought DS was doing poorly on his formula intake too, but the doctor said at his 6 month appointment to give him as much solids as he wants, and as long as he's eating 16-20 oz of formula, she's very happy with that.  There were a few days this week where we struggled to get to 16, or just got pretty close, and he started to get really constipated, but yesterday and today he's back to his normal 22-ish ounces (down from about 30-32oz before he really got into solids), and today is no longer constipated, so since the doctor said it's okay, I'm fine with it.  
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"