Baby Names

Inspired by Anna's France post - Heloise?

I don't think DH would go for it but I'm curious to hear opinions on the name. I quite prefer it to Eloise especially as it does not lend itself to the NN "Ellie". On the other hand it doesn't lend itself to the greatest of NNs either.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Inspired by Anna's France post - Heloise?

• I just hear Hello. I dislike it. Sorry :/ I prefer Eloise.
  • I much prefer Heloise (or Louise) over Eloise.  Heloise has been growing on me a lot in recent months.

I don't  think it really needs a nn, though.  Maybe Lou?

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Eloise better.  I like Elodie even better than that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Heloise. I think it's lovely. DH and I considered it briefly (while trying to decide between it and Eloise) early on for DD.

I especially like the historical connection, even if it's ultra tragic (I like the romanticism).

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I like Heloise.  I wouldn't use it, but I like it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think "H" is silent.  
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't like it

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Have you ever seen the show Jimmy Two-Shoes?

Its Disney's rip-off version of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and in the show Heloise is the name of the girl who is the daughter of Satan. In the original script -- before they wrote out of all the religious stuff -- the king of Purgatory hired Heloise to assassinate Jimmy Two-Shoes, which she failed to do b/c she ended up falling in love with him. Anyway, the girl is ultra goth and enjoys beating other people up for fun.

Just thought it was something you might want to take into consideration.   

TTCAL PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • I like it, I agree the H is (mostly) silent in French.  Not that you would pronounce it that way.  I could see the nn Lu-Lu, which I just adore!! 

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I love Eloise but doesn't go with my last name (starts with E) so I might consider Heloise - the pronunciation is different.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • I prefer Eloise, but I like Heloise just fine, too. I agree with PP that Lou or Lu-Lu would be a cute nn.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagealliejo725:

I like Heloise. I think it's lovely. DH and I considered it briefly (while trying to decide between it and Eloise) early on for DD.

I especially like the historical connection, even if it's ultra tragic (I like the romanticism).

This is exactly why I wouldn't use Heloise (or any variants, Eloise included). I wouldn't want my child associated with genital mutilation. 

I think they're both lovely names, actually, but my mind immediately goes to "Hey! Forcible castration!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"