September 2012 Moms

What would you do?

Last year when I was pregnant a friend asked me to be in her wedding in August 2012.  I agreed. Thinking I would have an 8 month old baby.  However, I miscarried a few months later.  Fast forward and I am pregnant again but my new due date puts me at over 8 months pregnant at the time of the wedding.  The wedding is out of state.

My friend is aware that i might get pregnant.  I'm leaning towards bowing out simply because I have no idea if I'll even be able to travel that late into my pregnancy.  I don't really want to put out a ton of money for a dress, plane tickets ect only to be told I can't go at the last second.   

Would you try to bow out now knowing it will be a disappointment to your friend or would you risk the costs and plan on particapating.  I'm so torn.

Re: What would you do?

• I would bow out now the longer  you wait to now out the more offended she will be.

Call her and explain it as a friend she should understand and appreciate you telling her so  far in advance .  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think you can travel that far that late in pregnancy anyway so bow out now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would call and explain - I'm sure she will understand.

”text”image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would bow out now.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • imagekatiebug58:
    I would call and explain - I'm sure she will understand.

This. Plus, with weddings, the closer to the date, the more expensive things get. Tell her now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto what everyone else said & tell her soon.
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • I would bow out and tell her asap. I unexpectedly delivered DS at 35 weeks so you never know what may happen.  
    IMG_5411 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would definitely bow out because of the plane tickets but also because she can plan better.  As much as you want to have a healthy pregnancy up until the very end, you never know if bed rest will come up.  If you were 5-6 mo pregnant it might be different, but I know I wasn't even allowed to fly past 30 wks.  
    BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • My maid of honour was 6 months at our wedding.. and i know it was physically harder for her the closer to the date.. also finding a dress that worked for everyone was a bit of a challenege as you really cannot predict what size you will be!.. aside from all the fun travel limitations... its too bad though...
    Sept 2012 baby boy
      imageimageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had two maid of honors at my wedding in October, my sister and my best friend. My best friend found out she was pregnant in January. My wedding was Oct. 7th, she had her baby Nov. 13th. She looked awesome in the dress and was there for me for the wedding. I understand the traveling aspect. I would have been upset if she bowed out but I would have been understanding.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"