March 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else having false labor?

When I had my NST on Friday, I was regularly contracting, but they called them BH because I couldn't feel them. Starting Sunday, I began having painful but irregular contractions. I even had a couple that woke me up in the middle of the night last night. Today at my appointment, I asked and she told me I was in false labor - but false labor (or she also called it pre-labor) wasn't the same as BH? This is new to me. I've mentioned this before, but my belly measures 42 weeks thanks to a combination of a big baby and polyhydramnios. So with this combination, apparently it makes my body think I'm closer to delivery than I really am and I could go in to labor early (I'm hoping to make it a few more weeks) and my body is now getting ready for labor. I also started having horrible lower back pain last night, but it doesn't come and go like I would think it would with real labor. And I should mention, they decided not to do an internal to check everything today, they're going to do it Friday or Tuesday depending on how this continues. As uncomfortable as this 'false labor' is, I'll deal with it to buy a few more weeks. I'm starting to get nervous, though. Anyone else having false labor or pre-labor vs. BH?

Sorry guys, I know I probably ask a lot about similar things, but I'm a FTM and every day that goes by I get more and more paranoid and nervous about going into labor early. Bear with me.

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

Re: Anyone else having false labor?

• Options
    Neither false labor nor BH causes changes in the cervix, but false labor includes pain.  False labor can lead to true labor though so since you are only a few weeks away, seems pretty accurate to me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Interesting! Yeah I never really thought about false labor vs. BH and what constitutes the difference. I'm gonna ask my OB just out of curiosity sake at my next appt. I was having some painful BH after my shower last Saturday. So much so that my mom didn't wanna leave.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have pretty much round the clock BH every 5-10 every day.  In the evenings they get more frequent and more intense.  My last cervix check was at 28 weeks and no one seems concerned, even though over the weekend they've changed so I feel very crampy on the lower half of my belly during a contraction.  Other than that they are usually just uncomfortable.  Sometimes they're strong enough to take my breath away.  I've had this since 26 weeks, so I'm used to it and just planning on having it for another 6.5 weeks.  

I expected to know exactly what was going on since this is my second, but everything is different so I don't.  With DD1, the BH started at 38 weeks.  With this one they started at 26.  With DD they weren't uncomfortable.  This time they often are.  Maybe that Duggar lady knows what's going on when she's pregnant, but having been through it once before has not given me much enlightenment :)  In fact I feel a little more clueless because I don't have "What to Expect.." on my nightstand, and worry when things feel so different from last time.  This time everything is exaggerated: RLP, BH, hemorrhoids, stretch marks, big ole boobies, feeling like she's about to pop out and say hi.....  It's definitely different! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i dont know if i had false labor, but i did have contractions that turned from mild discomfort to some pain, they ended up putting me on magnesium to stop them, yuck. but they never really told me if it was preterm labor or false labor? technically my cervix changed, it dilated to 1, but it never progressed any further than that even after hours of more painful contractions! so maybe i can relate? if so its definitely not pleasant! 

now i seem to have some BH as well as a few more painful contractions throughout the day. no one seems to worried though and my fetal fibronectin test was negative thank goodness. 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am 32 weeks and had to go into L and D Triage on Sunday because I was having contractions that were lasting 60 secs and coming every minute to three minutes.  They said that I was having signs of pre-term labor.  That being said they started going back to irregular contractions coming at random points (I am still having them, had about twelve yesterday) Its pretty crazy and they did check my cervix, it is the right length and not dialated but I am about 50% effaced.  

Not sure what is going to happen from here, they didn't give me much information.  But I am still supposed to continue working etc...

PS my contractions were way different than my Braxton Hicks for me... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"