Stay at Home Moms

I'm doing it again...(Kitchenaid related)

Ever since Geek got her Kitchenaid mixer and raved about it I've been thinking about getting one.  I got some money for Xmas and put it aside for a Kitchenaid fund.  I was going to start watching sales to try and get an idea on pricing but I haven't been too serious about it because I tend to over do it when looking into things.  I over research it, over think it and just over obsess about it.  Well, the Tuesday Morning ad came today and there is a Kitchenaid Pro 500 5-Quart Stand Mixer for $219.99.  I was originally thinking I'd hold out for a 30% Kohls coupon but this seemed like a good price so I started looking into mixers...and...I'm overwhelmed.  Tilt head, bowl lift, watages.  ahhhhhh  Can someone guide me.  What should I consider?  Things to avoid?  I just don't know where to start.  I just want a good reliable mixer. 

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'm doing it again...(Kitchenaid related)

• I do not know the specifics, but I know I LOVE my Kitchenaid. I don't think you can go wrong.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagenonasimonsen:

Thats the exact same one that I have. I LOVE mine! I actually kind of wish they made like a 10qt one, but 5 is fine. Also, that is a good price. I got mine on clearance at Costco for $199 almost 2 years ago and it was originally $299 I think.

Get it! I would not get the tilt head one, but thats just me.

It seems I see the same amount of positive and negative comments on the tilt head. I'm leaning towards NOT getting the tilt because I don't think mine will stay on the counter so I think it will be easier to move all in one piece. Eta: spelling/typos.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagektsnshn:
    I do not know the specifics, but I know I LOVE my Kitchenaid. I don't think you can go wrong.
    That's what I was thinking but I thought a Kitchenaid was a Kitchenaid. I didn't realize there were different models and sizes. Ha
  • Ive had the tilt head one for ~7 years, use it at least 2x/week and never had an issue.  It locks and stays locked when you move it.  I take it with me places to bake (like my grandmom's, used to take it to my mom's, etc) and have moved with it more times than I can count with no problems.
  • I have a drop bowl one and it's 6-quart, so bigger than the 5-qt and I LOVE it!!!! Can't go wrong with a Kitchenaid.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Before you buy it there, check kohls.  It's on sale for $299, + 20% off (use code SMS7873). Plus you'll get at least $40 in kohl's cash and if you shop through ebates, you'll get an additional 6% back.  Plus, I think there is also a $30 rebate on this mixer and free shipping. So grand total will be closer to $158 (if you treat the kohl's cash as cash :) a little better than Tuesday morning!

• imageNdsmommy:

Before you buy it there, check kohls.  It's on sale for $299, + 20% off (use code SMS7873). Plus you'll get at least $40 in kohl's cash and if you shop through ebates, you'll get an additional 6% back.  Plus, I think there is also a $30 rebate on this mixer and free shipping. So grand total will be closer to $158 (if you treat the kohl's cash as cash :) a little better than Tuesday morning!

Wow, you know your deals! I will be checking in with you next time I need to make a big purchase! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love mine,  I have a professional 5qt bowl lift.  I'm a little wild when cooking, it can bend a metal measuring cup very nicely and if you forget to snap the bowl in place it will knock the paint off your beater, if it died tomorrow I would cry!  I make taco salad in mine all the time and just made pizza dough tonight. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage

• imageNdsmommy:

Before you buy it there, check kohls.  It's on sale for $299, + 20% off (use code SMS7873). Plus you'll get at least $40 in kohl's cash and if you shop through ebates, you'll get an additional 6% back.  Plus, I think there is also a $30 rebate on this mixer and free shipping. So grand total will be closer to $158 (if you treat the kohl's cash as cash :) a little better than Tuesday morning!

Whoa, say what!?! Haha. Awesome! I was originally going to wait and hope that Kohls would send me a 30% off coupon and then get it but I wouldn't know if it would be on sale or not. When you add all that up that's amazing. Thanks!!
  • I got the pink artisan series one (tilt head, 5 qt bowl) and I love it so much!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"