1st Trimester

Trying to fight UTI

I was told I had a UTI after my first appointment. I was totally shocked. I had had one once before and knew the symptoms and didn't really think I had any at that time. I've done a round of antibiotics and have started making my own cranberry juice (not too hard) since the regular kind has a lot of sugar in it. I'm going to be tested again at my next appointment but I was wondering if this can effect that baby if it ends up being reoccurring. Do they do more antibiotics? Any other way to try and get a handle on this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trying to fight UTI

• I have frequent UTIs all the time and never know I have them. They will just keep giving you antibiotics. but just keep drinking cranberry juice and you should be fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I get UTI's fairly regularly, but haven't so far during pregnancy. I've been drinking a ton of water, and making sure i take frequent trips to the bathroom. Also, in the natural food aisle in most grocery stores you can get Knutsen's cranberry juice. It's straight cranberry. It's alittle spendy, but I mix mine one part cran 3 parts water to cut the sour. Trader Joe's also has the same thing but way cheaper HTH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You should be fine are you going to be tested again in a month?
  • Frequent UTI sufferer here! Besides cranberry (I drink Northland and have also taken it in a capsule form regularly), drinking lots of water, and using the bathroom as soon as you need too, also make sure you use the bathroom right after sex!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"