Baby Names

This naming stuff is hard. Help?

Alright ladies. Help me out. My husband and I narrowed down a long list of potential boy names to two, but now we can't seem to decide which one we like better. It's Owen vs Asher. How does one pick? We like Owen because it is easy to pronounce and goes well with our last name. We don't like that it seems to be pretty common these days. We like Asher because it is more unique and has a nice meaning. I don't like that when I mentioned it to my dad, who is hard of hearing, he said "Ass-er?" What do you all think?   
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: This naming stuff is hard. Help?

• Both are nice but I prefer Owen. When I was pregnant with DS we were down to Landon or Henry. We just kind of let it be for a few months and then at some point it just became clear. Maybe it will happen for you too.
    BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagedreamers1984@aol.com:
    Alright ladies. Help me out. My husband and I narrowed down a long list of potential boy names to two, but now we can't seem to decide which one we like better. It's Owen vs Asher. How does one pick? We like Owen because it is easy to pronounce and goes well with our last name. We don't like that it seems to be pretty common these days. We like Asher because it is more unique and has a nice meaning. I don't like that when I mentioned it to my dad, who is hard of hearing, he said "Ass-er?" What do you all think?   
      I have never cared for Asher, and Owen is on my short list.  So I'm all for Owen.  Your comment cracks me up bc I met a little boy, about 3yo named Asher and he introdcued himself as "Ass-er."  It was both adorable and unfortunate.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I prefer Asher but they're both fine names.

• I hate the name Asher.  I like Ashton But not Asher- so go with Owen
    lolololo
  • I adore Asher (it's my baby's name). Owen is nice, but it's very popular , at least in my area.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like Owen over Asher but worry about it's popularity.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • While Owen is more popular, Asher is more trendy. I really dislike Asher. Go with whatever you and H love, but I think in a few years, Asher will be dated. Owen is a great name - love it!

Owen gets my vote.

• imagebethalynn:
    Both are nice but I prefer Owen.

Same here

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think both are nice.  You may want to wait until LO gets here.  He may look more like one than the other. 
  • I much much much prefer Asher.  I feel like Owen is so overdone right now.  Maybe it's just my area.  But I know too many little boys named Owen and too many pregnant people who might use the name.  Plus, I just really don't like the name to begin with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • I like both names. Asher is becoming quite popular these days, at least where I live. I know 3 newborn boys all named Asher and it's only January.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Although it's popular, I prefer Owen. I'm not crazy about any of the "Ash" names for boys--even though they were originally male names, they've gone to the girls for me. 
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm pretty much over both, but I like Asher better.
    VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

•  I prefer Owen

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Owen. I just despise the name Asher.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
This discussion has been closed.