July 2012 Moms

Who else LOVES being pregnant?!?!

Even though I went though the morning sickness and everything...all I have to say is my god I feel just amazing being pregnant!!!

I am gunna have a baby!!!!    I am just loving this!!

Re: Who else LOVES being pregnant?!?!

• I love being pregnant as well!  I have complained quite a bit, especially in the beginning when m/s was kicking my butt.  Besides the fact that my immune system sucks right now, I'm really enjoying it.  I think it's pretty normal to complain.  It's a lot changing all at once!  And for me, at least, it wasn't planned, we were surprised!  It's really starting to feel real finally and I think it'll completely hit me when we know what's in there and it'll have a name and not just be "the baby."  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ME, ME, ME! I had SUPER bad morning sickness (down 12 pounds) but thanks to a combo of zofran, b6, and unisom...I am feeling fine and LOVE being pregnant! Of course, I do not have a belly yet, so i haven't had to deal with body issues. But, for now, I LOVE being pregnant! I already told DH we are doing this again, real soon! I'd love to have 2 under 2!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, I'm one who has never gotten sick with any of my pregnancies - I'm very fortunate.  My only main symptom is the extreme fatique - the kind that makes even blinking feel like an enormous task.  But it only lasts the first trimester and then it's over.  So I can honestly say that yes, I do love being pregnant!  I really love knowing a baby is growing inside of me, and as it gets bigger and I can feel it moving and kicking it is seriously the most amazing thing ever.  I've often said that I could be pregnant all the time and be perfectly happy. (An exaggeration, of course!)

HOWEVER, I don't believe everyone loves this.  Regardless of the fact that you are growing a baby, not everyone is able to "love" the experience as much as others do.  I know people who have been so violently sick during the majority of their pregnancies that they are placed on IVs, can't leave the house or function normally for months, and feel like absolute garbage.  I can totally understand why they don't love or even particularly enjoy being pregnant.

Miracle of life or not, not everyone is the same and can love pregnancy as much as others.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AREN"T YOU A PEACH?!>?!?>W>!?  This post isn't passive aggressive at all.

I got pregnant to eventually have a child.  It's a means to an end.  IMO, it's like focusing on the wedding instead of the marriage.  Yes, weddings can be fun, but they can be stressful too.  The end result is what matters most.

It's easy to say "everyone knows what happens when you're pregnant, it's no surprise," when you've had a fairly complication-free pregnancy.  I certainly did not expect to be in the ER every.single.weekend passing clots the size of my hand.  I'm sure people don't go into pregnancy expecting to be in pre-term labor.

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • I've been mostly symptom free. I wanted this baby for a long time. My husband and I are going to love the crap out of this child.

But getting discriminated against at work because of my pregnancy? 

Getting treated poorly by my male boss and coworkers because I'm pregnant?

Likely being passed for a raise this year because of my pregnancy (and therefore making my personal finances less stable to provide for this baby)?

Flucking sucks. And was totally unexpected.

And yes, it has made me not love being pregnant so much. 

So eff you and your passive aggressivebullshit.

• imagemissusbee:

But getting discriminated against at work because of my pregnancy? 

Well, OP says all these things should be expected, and she's known pregnant people before, so she's clearly smarter than you.

I don't know how complaining about these things somehow translates to "I hate my baby," or anything of that nature.  We did IVF.  We paid a lot of money and were on the waiting list since 2008.  Our children will be loved.  It's a wonderful scientific occurence.  That doesn't mean I can't be honest about how hard this has been on my body.  I knew it'd be rough later on, but the reality is it's been hard since the very beginning.  Frankly, people deserve to know the truth about how pregnancy really is for some people.  It's awesome that many people get away with few symptoms, but the reality is that women get hemorroids.  They get acne in places they've never had it.  The gas is unlike anything ever experienced pre-pregnancy.  They bleed and are scared out of their minds.  That's not bad information to tell other people.

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • I once knew someone who had hemorrhoids. You're not allowed to complain about it, Ojo, because I know for a fact it isn't that bad.
  • Wow, this is exactly what I needed to hear today. A guilt trip. Gee, thanks.

I desperately want to LOVE being pregnant. I'm thrilled beyond words and absolutely amazed at the miracle of life growing inside me. The fact that my body is doing so much to accomplish this is beyond overwhelming.

But guess what. I don't love it. Morning sickness that lasts throughout pregnancy sucks and I think I'm entitled to complain about it (which, by the way, mostly only happens here and since I don't speak out loud when I type, my baby doesn't really hear much griping). Constant headaches, backaches, being judged for absolutely everything I do or say (including complaints) and discrimination by others sucks balls. I haven't even been through the hell that others have with bleeding, scares of chromosomal or genetic issues or the constant worry from several previous miscarriages and I feel damn lucky for that, but I'm allowed to complain when I want to.

Eff you, OP.  If you don't want to hear complaints about this process, then go somewhere else. What do you think this message board is for? It's for commiseration and the knowledge that someone else out there feels just as miserable as you and just as guilty for not enjoying it.

And thanks to whoever said that getting pregnant for the sake of being pregnant is like getting married just to have a wedding. That's absolutely true and, unfortunately, both are a huge problem in this society.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagepaige99:

I am sick of listening to people complaining about being pregnant, regardless of each persons circumstances/situation.....THERE IS A BEAUTIFUL BABY GROWING INSIDE OF YOU (that needs LOVE LOVE LOVE)

I never understood it.....and now that I am pregnant and experiencing this first hand.....I stilll cannot understand it!!

I went though morning sickness, it wasn't the greatest or most pleasant thing ever, but everyone knows that it happens when you're pregnant, it was no surprise. Nobody said having a baby was easy as pie, but my god I feel just amazing to be pregnant, I am gunna have a baby!!!!  There are times I don't feel so great, but I have not once complained about any of it to anyone.
    Why get pregnant if you're just going to complain about it?   (Especially now that the baby can hear your voice)

Making a baby is a miracle of life!!!

Seriously?! Enjoying or not enjoying your pregnancy doesn't have a damn thing to do with loving your child.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm doing my best to enjoy it since it goes by so quickly. I'm lucky that almost everyone has been supportive and that my husband has taken the time to do his research instead of leaving it all to me. It's gotten nicer since entering second tri except for the occasional fatigue and the headaches.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimage
  • imagemaykious:

Wow, this is exactly what I needed to hear today. A guilt trip. Gee, thanks.

I desperately want to LOVE being pregnant. I'm thrilled beyond words and absolutely amazed at the miracle of life growing inside me. The fact that my body is doing so much to accomplish this is beyond overwhelming.

But guess what. I don't love it. Morning sickness that lasts throughout pregnancy sucks and I think I'm entitled to complain about it (which, by the way, mostly only happens here and since I don't speak out loud when I type, my baby doesn't really hear much griping). Constant headaches, backaches, being judged for absolutely everything I do or say (including complaints) and discrimination by others sucks balls. I haven't even been through the hell that others have with bleeding, scares of chromosomal or genetic issues or the constant worry from several previous miscarriages and I feel damn lucky for that, but I'm allowed to complain when I want to.

Eff you, OP.  If you don't want to hear complaints about this process, then go somewhere else. What do you think this message board is for? It's for commiseration and the knowledge that someone else out there feels just as miserable as you and just as guilty for not enjoying it.

And thanks to whoever said that getting pregnant for the sake of being pregnant is like getting married just to have a wedding. That's absolutely true and, unfortunately, both are a huge problem in this society.

Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, I got pregnant to have a baby, so it's just a means to end for me.
  • I absolutely hated the first trimester!  Now that I'm in the 2nd, I'm starting to come around.  I don't think I'll ever be in love with being pregnant.
    IVF #1 ER 10/12 ET 10/15 BFP!! EDD 7/4/12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh FFS, I am all for being positive but you are being ridiculous OP. 
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • imagemandalinn25:
    Oh FFS, I am all for being positive but you are being ridiculous OP. 

And insulting. Really insulting.

• I'm kind of laughing at the FTM's saying how much they love it now that the first trimester is over. There's a reason the 2nd is called the honeymoon phase ladies!
  • I loved it the first time around and am so grateful that I get to do it again. I have been blessed with easy pregnancies though so it's easy for me to gush about how great it is. That said, the current phase is sort of boring...
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • I don't LOVE being pregnant.  There are some good things of course...it's exciting to feel the baby move for the first time, and hear the little heartbeat, and see baby in an ultrasound, and the sheer awe of knowing that my husband and I MADE another human being.  I love how it has brought my husband and I closer, and I loved seeing the excitement and joy on the faces of our friends and family when we shared our news.

But I don't love pregnancy itself.  I still throw up nearly every day, I have terrible headaches, I'm tired but I can't sleep well at night, yadda yadda.  You all know the complaints.  I love babies and I love MY babies especially, and that's why I don't mind putting up with the symptoms.  But pregnancy itself?  No, I don't love it.

OP, you would probably love this blog: www.prebabyblog.com.  Everything is joyous and miraculous in her world too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yeah, I LOVE not being able to have sushi, and LOVE having to limit my coffee intake to one small cup of day, and LOVE not having wine with dinner.

I also LOVE not being able to slip into the hot tub, and I LOVE having to cut my normal workout routine from 6 mile runs to 2 miles. What I LOVE most is these awful, pounding headaches I get daily.

Come on. There's awesome parts about being pregnant and not so cool parts. I am amazed and thrilled at the idea of a human forming inside me. Can't wait to be a mom and love this child more than myself already. But that has nothing to do with loving pregnancy. Please.

• I guess I can admit I love being pregnant too!  I have been VERY lucky and only had mild nausea in the evenings.  I am feeling good and enjoying all the changes that occur from week to week.  Happy mommies = happy babies!
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• It is a means to an end for me just like some of the other ladies said.  I am hoping to LOVE it.  But, right now I am just happy that I am pregnant and can't wait to meet the baby.  But, no I don't love how I feel, how I look, what I can't do.  But, I will LOVE the baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I definitely do not LOVE being pregnant.  My pregnancy has seriously SUCKED thus far.  I am sure I will love holding a child in my arms, and I might even love pregnancy if this damn!d vomiting/taking zofran/constipation/heartburn/no appetite would go away.  I agree with some of the previous posters, I want to love being pregnant, but I certainly don't right now.  It doesn't mean I will love our child any less. 
    Baby boy born in July 2012
    2nd Baby due Feb 27th, 2015
     baby development

BabyFetus Ticker
  • What I asked was "Who else loves being pregnant?"  I didn't ask for your B!tch B!tch B!tch!   (and I hear a lot of selfishness too.)

I suppose some people have nothing better to do.....

• imageashleynaka:
    I guess I can admit I love being pregnant too!  I have been VERY lucky and only had mild nausea in the evenings.  I am feeling good and enjoying all the changes that occur from week to week.  Happy mommies = happy babies!

Really? Huh. I was told that the sicker you were throughout your pregnancy, the healthier your baby will be.

Look, I'm so glad there are so many ladies out there who are enjoying this so much. I wasn't lying when I said that I really want to be one of you. I envy those who haven't had to deal with really nasty symptoms and I'm truly happy for you. I wouldn't wish the issues I've had on my worst enemy. And since I'm not wishing you ill for not feeling as bad as I do, I think the least you could do is to refrain from judging me for not enjoying this process as much as you. Don't make me feel bad for not being in the same mental state as you and don't assume that I'm any less excited to have a kid or that I will love this baby any less. That's total bullshitt.

• I was just thinking today about how I felt great coming back from lunch just happy and elated to be pregnant (I mean it has been a goal for so long).

That said the first trimester was super hard, and I spent quite a bit of that time feeling sorry for myself, there were days when migraines and throwing up made the day creep by. 

I have a friend who is now 9 weeks pregnant (happy to be pregnant) but feeling terrible - we were just commiserating on FB about it.  From the moment the stick turned up two lines I have been thrilled - but its a tough road. Even today exhaustion (falling asleep at Starbucks on my lunch break - how embarrassing), heartburn and dizziness are driving me crazy.  On the other hand I got to play my little bean some classical/new age music this morning. So its a both--and. But all in all Today I love being pregnant and I'm sooo grateful to not be nauseous all the time.

• imagepaige99:

What I asked was "Who else loves being pregnant?"  I didn't ask for your B!tch B!tch B!tch!   (and I hear a lot of selfishness too.)

You asked for it, dear. Are you really surprised that people got offended when you said that they obviously didn't love their babies as much as you will love yours?

Honestly, it looks like you're the one with nothing better to do than start drama online. 

• imageCTbride07:
    ME, ME, ME! I had SUPER bad morning sickness (down 12 pounds) but thanks to a combo of zofran, b6, and unisom...I am feeling fine and LOVE being pregnant! Of course, I do not have a belly yet, so i haven't had to deal with body issues. But, for now, I LOVE being pregnant! I already told DH we are doing this again, real soon! I'd love to have 2 under 2!

You and your positivity are truly amazing!!  I wish you all the best in the rest of your pregnancy, and like someone said happy mommies = happy babies!!!

• imagechristyp80:

I don't LOVE being pregnant.  There are some good things of course...it's exciting to feel the baby move for the first time, and hear the little heartbeat, and see baby in an ultrasound, and the sheer awe of knowing that my husband and I MADE another human being.  I love how it has brought my husband and I closer, and I loved seeing the excitement and joy on the faces of our friends and family when we shared our news.

But I don't love pregnancy itself.  I still throw up nearly every day, I have terrible headaches, I'm tired but I can't sleep well at night, yadda yadda.  You all know the complaints.  I love babies and I love MY babies especially, and that's why I don't mind putting up with the symptoms.  But pregnancy itself?  No, I don't love it.

Every word of this is true for me too.  I LOVE my baby with all that I am, and (especially after having two die inside of me) I LOVE the fact that s/he is thriving in there, and will be coming home with me. But to say that there is NOTHING to complain about, just because the baby deserves love??!  Makes no sense whatsoever.  I am perfectly capable of loving my baby and hating m/s (or whatever the symptom of the moment may be) at the same time. 

• Ah, so disliking parts of pregnancy means I hate my babies (which I don't know as much about as you do, since you know someone with twins) and that I'm an unhappy, selfish person. 

With the way you twist words and only hear what you want to hear, I feel sorry for your husband.  

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imagemaykious:
    imagepaige99:

What I asked was "Who else loves being pregnant?"  I didn't ask for your B!tch B!tch B!tch!   (and I hear a lot of selfishness too.)

You asked for it, dear. Are you really surprised that people got offended when you said that they obviously didn't love their babies as much as you will love yours?

Honestly, it looks like you're the one with nothing better to do than start drama online. 

I never said they 'obviously didn't love their babies..." but the baby is literally a part of you, they can sense/feel your negativity, which will do them no good.  In fact, all that negativity will only do harm...I will NOT apologize for being happy and loving being pregnant (and I never said I didn't go through any rough times) I can just appreciate WHY its happening and not feel negative about it     

• imagepaige99:
    imagemaykious:
    imagepaige99:

I never said they 'obviously didn't love their babies..." but the baby is literally a part of you, they can sense/feel your negativity, which will do them no good.  In fact, all that negativity will only do harm...I will NOT apologize for being happy and loving being pregnant (and I never said I didn't go through any rough times) I can just appreciate WHY its happening and not feel negative about it     

Actually, acknowledging the trials is a great step in coping with them. Pretending they don't exist is ridiculous. Not a single person here is incapable of comprehending the point of pregnancy. 

What harm, exactly, am I bringing my children by acknowledging and addressing the shitty aspects of pregnancy?  

Have you ever heard of a mommy martyr? 

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imagepaige99:
    imagemaykious:
    imagepaige99:

No one is asking you to apologize for having a great pregnancy. I'm honestly happy for you and wish I could feel the same way. But since I'm not asking you to apologize for your awesome pregnancy, I think it's really unfair that I should feel like I should apologize for having a less-than-enjoyable time so far. Just because we vent on this board about how bad we feel doesn't mean that we're negative all the time or that we are any less excited to have our babies than you. Like I said originally, we complain a lot here because it's the best place for it. I can complain at home, but it doesn't do much good to get a blank stare and "sorry, babe" from my husband. I complain here because I know there are other women who can commiserate and actually help me feel better.

I can appreciate why I'm feeling so awful, but that doesn't mean I have to love it and it's really unfair for you to judge me for not loving it.

• You people have some serious issues. Mot once did I say that I was specifically referring to ANYONE on this board.....anyone that took my LOVE for being pregnant as a personal attack should really seek help

I'm pretty sure this board isn't meant to complain about 'this board'....makes sense right?!  

• imagepaige99:

You people have some serious issues. Mot once did I say that I was specifically referring to ANYONE on this board.....anyone that took my LOVE for being pregnant as a personal attack should really seek help

I'm pretty sure this board isn't meant to complain about 'this board'....makes sense right?!  

No, but most of what you say does not make sense and the parts that do are insulting. 
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • When did you edit your OP? Can't take the heat when people call you on your BS? Can you please GBCB?
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imagepaige99:

You people have some serious issues. Mot once did I say that I was specifically referring to ANYONE on this board.....anyone that took my LOVE for being pregnant as a personal attack should really seek help

Nope and now you're proving that you didn't read everything I wrote. Do you just expect those of us who aren't enjoying every minute of this to just flip a switch and suddenly love being pregnant? It doesn't work like that. 

• She totally changed the original post.... figures....
    Baby boy born in July 2012
    2nd Baby due Feb 27th, 2015
     baby development

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sorry still HATING it...but love my baby though(of course).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, I love being pregnant. It's strange a lot of people I have talked to who have been through their pregnancies were always talking about how miserable they were. I have always had a tiny inkling that I wouldn't ever experience horrible morning sickness and the horribleness of the 1st trimester like a lot of women. (it was actually a fear because I was afraid I wouldn't know and do something I could regret). But yeah I love being pregnant. The first time I heard the heartbeat I just melted. My husband and I were soo thrilled. He loves me being pregnant also. It's fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • This is why people like me become ashamed during pregnancy.  People like you believe we should love every second of pregnancy, and if we don't then we must not be good mommy material and that something must be seriously wrong with our ability to nurture and love our children.  I do not love pregnancy.  I have been sick to the point of hospitalization, I have lost my job due to missing so much work, and our finances are tight to say the least.  I do love my baby.  I feel such a sense of wonder when he/she moves around in there.  I am grateful to be pregnant.  But I do not enjoy it. It took me a long time to even be willing to admit that to myself, because of people like you.  I thought it meant there was something wrong with me.  But acknowledging the hardships, and knowing that other women are in the same boat but are still fantastic mothers helped me to move past such idiocy.

Please stop making others feel like less of a mom with your thoughtless and insulting posts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"