Success after IF

Cancelling cycle

Just talked with my RE he said he's pretty sure I have 4-5 follies based on my u/s and E2.  He said he would not do IVF on me.  He said it decreases our chances because I don't have a ton of eggs and my E2 isn't high enough.

He did say I could do IUI, but the HOM is a huge risk.  I'm not comfortable with that risk.  So we're cancelling.

I'm devistated.  Today has been such a rollercoaser.  I'm exhausted.  I had such hope that this was it.  I truely felt that this was it.  We've been trying for #2 for 16 months now.  I feel like Conor is never going to have a sibling and it kills me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Cancelling cycle

• (((HUGS)))   What a day...  I am so sorry, momma!   This is so tough. 

Take good care of yourself tonight (and have a glass of wine or two!!!   well deserved after the day you've had...).   

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm sorry. I get that. I always felt pushed to keep going, keep going... and like it would never happen for us.

a big glass of wine has been sent your way. (or tea or whatever you fancy ;-)   )

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Loading the player...
  • oh no :(  I'm so sorry sweetie.  This effin blows :(  ((((HUGS))))
  • I'm so sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm am so sorry :(
  • Ugh, I'm so sorry. Canceled cycles hurt just as bad as unsuccessful ones. It's such a build up and then such a huge let down. I second the suggestions for wine.
    After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm sorry that sucks :-(.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
  • (((Hugs))) Hang in there
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemuppet.fan:
    Ugh, I'm so sorry. Canceled cycles hurt just as bad as unsuccessful ones. It's such a build up and then such a huge let down. I second the suggestions for wine.
    this. I'm sorry!
  • I am so sorry (((hugs)))
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I'm sorry, what a whirlwind of a day you've had!!

Will you repeat with another follistim IUI next cycle?  My first (and only) follistim cycle I was started at 75iui to stim and didn't stim for very long before I had two mature follicles when I triggered.  

I'm sorry this wasn't it for you, but I hope that next cycle will be it! 

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • So sorry - cancelling a cycle just plain sucks!
  • I'm so so sorry. The rollercoaster is awful. Eat some ice cream and get some rest. Huge HUGS. I think you made the right decision.
  • imagequeenbone:

I'm sorry, what a whirlwind of a day you've had!!

Will you repeat with another follistim IUI next cycle?  My first (and only) follistim cycle I was started at 75iui to stim and didn't stim for very long before I had two mature follicles when I triggered.  

I'm sorry this wasn't it for you, but I hope that next cycle will be it! 

I have to take the next cycle off. But I think we'll do Follistim iui next. Who knows....

I just wish when they saw I had 10 follies at my first u/s that they talked about converting to IVF rather than decreasing my dosage to try and "save" my iui. But I can't change anything now...

Wine time for sure. Thanks again ladies. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. That just sucks all the way around. ((hugs))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"