Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Toys at babysitter's?

DD goes to a lady's house during the day while I'm at work. I've been sending little toys with DD and I'm letting the babysitter keep the baby swing at her house since we use the bouncy seat more. She also has a cheap play mat which is one of the two we got from a shower (we use the other one at our house). But now she is getting big enough for the bumbo seat and jumparoo's and big toys like that. I don't want to buy these things and her not be able to use them except for the couple hours she spends at home in the afternoons during the week and weekends. And I don't want to have to haul these big toys to the babysitter's house every day. But I also want to have them at home to use.

Maybe I could leave them over at her house during the week and then just bring them home on the weekends? What do you do about toys like this? Do you just buy doubles of the cheaper toys?

Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
IT'S A GIRL!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
#2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
Lilypie Maternity tickers
VOTE on my Name List
I don't take one single minute for granted.

Re: Toys at babysitter's?

• Does the baby sitter only watch your child or is she planning on watching many children? If she is going to start watching more babies then I would think that she should be buying more toys like this for the babies to use. Our son's daycare has a bouncy seat, baby gym, walker, swing and bumbo seat to name a few. What we do is have him play with toys that the daycare doesn't have when he is at home, such as the jumperoo. Maybe you could take some of them to the daycare and ask her to have DD play with those toys during the day and then in the evening DD can play with the other toys at home. Since they use the toys for such short periods of time, I would probably not recommend buying duplicates.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"