Infertility

I think they're trying to give me a coronary

I am just not having a smooth run so far and this is only my 2nd day of my IVF protocol. First, issues with the pharmacy; second, u/s tech tells me I'll probably be cancelled and I had to wait 10 hours to get the news that I wouldn't be (after stressing all day); now I get a call from the nurse that one of my genetic tests came back and shows I'm a carrier for SMA so MH will need to get testing done immediately. I asked her why they're just now telling me this. I saw the results on my patient portal on Jan. 24 and had to actually call myself because I hadn't heard from anyone. I was told everything was fine at that time. This nurse today made up some story about how the results went to another one of their locations. After I got off the phone, I checked my portal and there it was... FROM THE 24th! It's the 31st! This is the same site they look at for my results. Grrrrrrrr! Ok, sorry for complaining. I just needed to vent a little. Sorry sorry sorry! 

Me: 28, DH: 29
DX: DOR & major hormone imbalances; DH low motility
4 Clomid cycles + Trigger = BFN
2 Femara cycles + Trigger + IUI = BFN
IVF 7R,5F; ET cancelled - high P4; Froze 3
FET transferred 2 beautiful embies!
Beta #1 - 2,353! Beta #2 - 5,000! It's TWINS!
Hayden River & Connor Jackson born at 34 weeks on October 19, 2012!

Re: I think they're trying to give me a coronary

• I hope things tone down in the negative excitement category! 

Our doctor also forgot to give us our genetic testing and sent for it twice, mind you this was our 2nd IVF cycle. Talk about being irritated.

Don't feel bad about picking things apart with a fine tooth comb. This is expensive, difficult, and exhausting. They need to pay attention to every last detail. You are putting so much trust and money into them to do so.  

Sending you some smooth sailing vibes for the rest of the cycle. Good Luck! 

(Live in Europe) TTC since 1/2010
  • Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry this is so stressful. Never feel bad about complaining or venting. Your RE's office may have done this thousands of times, but you haven't and it is okay to get upset/worried/scared during this time. 
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks girls :) I'm just frustrated  because these were things that didn't have to happen (obviously no one can control that I had a cyst, but the tech could have handled it different instead of getting all dramatic on me). I figure I have a lot more ahead of me and it would have been nice to start off on the right foot.
    Me: 28, DH: 29
    DX: DOR & major hormone imbalances; DH low motility
    4 Clomid cycles + Trigger = BFN
    2 Femara cycles + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    IVF 7R,5F; ET cancelled - high P4; Froze 3
    FET transferred 2 beautiful embies!
    Beta #1 - 2,353! Beta #2 - 5,000! It's TWINS!
    Hayden River & Connor Jackson born at 34 weeks on October 19, 2012!
  • seriously, IVF is hard enough! I don't blame you for being annoyed...

yes, the REs office deals with these results everyday and it is not a big deal to them, but they need to remember what is at stake for you- the patient, the reason they are there!!

Good Luck with the rest of your cycle! Be extra good to yourself :)

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"