Working Moms
Options

I need to unfriend my SAHM friends.

Someone just posted a picture of her and her DD getting ice cream on this beautiful day.  I need to unfriend these people.  I love working, I really do, but this stings. 

Re: I need to unfriend my SAHM friends.

• Options
    Okay, no more pity needed - just emailed DH and we are going to dinner with DD right after work then to ice cream parlor.  Problem solved!
  • Options
    imageMBandBud:
    Okay, no more pity needed - just emailed DH and we are going to dinner with DD right after work then to ice cream parlor.  Problem solved!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know why it didn't let me type in the above post, sorry! Just wanted to say nice job momma!
  • Options

Tomorrow go out and buy yourself a nice coffee and a treat and sit at your desk, listen to some music while you enjoy it and think about your SAHM friends trying to discipline a toddler while they BF a newborn and haven't eaten more than a graham cracker since yesterday. I just spent three months and home and its a good reminder that those moments were outnumbering the ice cream and sunshine moments at least 2 to 1! Hang in there and have fun tonight :)

• Options
    image2-Step:

Tomorrow go out and buy yourself a nice coffee and a treat and sit at your desk, listen to some music while you enjoy it and think about your SAHM friends trying to discipline a toddler while they BF a newborn and haven't eaten more than a graham cracker since yesterday. I just spent three months and home and its a good reminder that those moments were outnumbering the ice cream and sunshine moments at least 2 to 1! Hang in there and have fun tonight :)

Haha - It was soo blissful the first time around! With said toddler at  home I was kinda looking forward to going back to work! Wish i could have taken the babe along though!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had to stay home with DD today because she had a fever this a.m.  I have never been more exhausted!  Ha, ha.  All power to SAHM's, but I just couldn't do it.  I'm ready for bed and it is not even 9 p.m.  

My job is a million times less stressful.  But I adore my DD.  I swear, I do. 

• Options

imageMBandBud:
    Someone just posted a picture of her and her DD getting ice cream on this beautiful day.  

Stuff like this is why I roll my eyes when I hear  "SAHM is so haaaaaaaaaard! I'm so buuuuuuuusy!" 

• Options
    imageSunMoon&Stars:

imageMBandBud:
    Someone just posted a picture of her and her DD getting ice cream on this beautiful day.  

Stuff like this is why I roll my eyes when I hear  "SAHM is so haaaaaaaaaard! I'm so buuuuuuuusy!" 

Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh, I have a SAHM friend who really makes me angry.  (Yet, for some reason, I still love her, even despite this!) She posts those kinds of pics constantly - out at the water park, children's museum, or whatever fun kid event is around.  What really makes me angry about it is that she collects government assistance and food stamps, yet somehow she can afford to sign her kids up for all these activities and take them to every fun place imaginable - not to mention how perfectly dressed they all are!  It's all because her and her fiance aren't married - BUT he has a good income, which obviously they are not claiming, or something.  In fact, he and my DH have the same job.  I think that's why it really irritates me.  She sits there and collects welfare and lives the good life with her kids - the life I want so badly - while I bust my a** and have less to show for it than she does!  And it's funny how freely she talks about it, like she pretty much encourages everyone to do what she does!  Trashy?  Yes.  But from outward appearances, they don't look trashy at all.  They look like they're living the American dream!  I bet we'd all be shocked if we knew how many people are actually doing this.  She's just one who happened to admit it.

image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"