February 2012 Moms

100% effaced!!! How much longer til LO arrives???

So last week Thursday, I found out I was 100% effaced and 1.5cm dialated, today I went in and I'm 2.5cm dialated. My Dr originally thought I wouldn't make it til today but I'm still more pregnant than ever...I'm a FTM. Anyone have any experiences with effacement, how much longer until LO arrives??? I can't wait to see her! I had a u/s today and she looks so chunky, they are estimating approx 7.5lbs +/-. Anxious!
BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary image

Re: 100% effaced!!! How much longer til LO arrives???

• As of last friday I am 4 cm dilated and 100% effaced and still as pregnant as can be lol My doctor told me to go to L&D as soon as I get timeable contractions. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow. Sounds like at least when it does start, your labour might be quicker than most FTMs. I am saying that from no experience, but if you're already 100% you've already done that job at least! My doc hasn't checked mine yet, so I have no idea how far along I am. Makes me think it has not a great deal of weighting on how soon LO will be born. Nature decides!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was 100% effaced, 1.5cm dilated and she could feel his head last Wednesday.  Here is my take on progression...  

Instead of looking at it as an indication for when you will go into labor, because that can be so disappointing, look at it as all that work your body does not have to do once you are in labor.  Being that far along will probably cut a few hours off and that is soooo exciting in itself!! 

Don't torture yourself with "when will I go" because there is seriously no way to tell.  I have friends whose labor started completely closed and not effaced at all and friends who stayed at 3cm 100% effaced for weeks.  Just be excited for the progression you have made for the big day. 

• Dilation and effacement mean nothing until you are in labor.   Dilation and effacement mean nothing until you are in labor.

Make it your mantra.  The average FTM goes a week over and change.  It is better to not expect to go early and be pleasantly surprised if you do. 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Thanks ladies, I was excited this weekend to go possibly this weekend and now it's starting to wear off. I can't wait for it to happen already, though. Starting to feel really uncomfortable. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary image
  • imagepinksweetpea2:

Dilation and effacement mean nothing until you are in labor.   Dilation and effacement mean nothing until you are in labor.

Make it your mantra.  The average FTM goes a week over and change.  It is better to not expect to go early and be pleasantly surprised if you do. 

Yup, everything here! :)

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I really like this perspective. I am 1.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced and have been for 2 weeks. I was discouraged today after my apt, but now I'm going to look at it as less my body will have to do when I'm in labor. Thanks!

Shmogan...sorry I meant to quote you! 

• I think doctors say "I'm shocked you made it this long" a bit too often especially for FTM and makes me wonder of they are talking out of their arses. 
    Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"