Preemies

Campbell's EEG was normal!

We just got the preliminary results from Campbell's EEG on Monday.  Everything looks good!  Yay!  Of course, it doesn't mean she didn't have a seizure last week, it just means she didn't have any unusual activity during the actual test (a friend of mine's daughter has regular seizures- she has Sanfillipo Syndrome and has never had a "bad" EEG).  So, we are still being referred to the pediatric neurologist for a consult but at least the test came back clear.  I'm glad there weren't any obvious causes for concern!

Re: Campbell's EEG was normal!

• well.. step 1 towards good news! We'll take it!

• That is so great her EEG came back normal.  I just went through a horrible seizure scare with my son.  After undergoing many tests including a brain MRI and an EEG they have found nothing wrong with him thank god. 

I am normally a lurker on the boards and I have read that your daughter suffers from reflux.  My son has reflux as well and it has been concluded that he just has some weird neurological reactions to his reflux in which he sometimes displays seizure like activity.  The syndrome is called Sandifur Syndrome and it is basically there littles bodies reacting to the discomfort of the reflux.  They basically grow out of it just like they grow out of reflux and the only way to treat it is to treat the reflux. 

I hope maybe this info. can help you a little as you try to figure out what happened to Campbell to cause a seizure.  Good luck.

• Loading the player...
  • YAY! I'm so glad it was normal!
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • well thats still great news! hopeefully the neurologist will get to the bottom of it!
  • Hi Martha-

I have not been on this board in a while... my internet time has been drastically reduced after going back to work and actually having to work!!  I am glad that the test was normal and hope they get to the bottom of everything soon.  She is getting so big and is a cutie!

Arika

• Yyyaaaaayyy!!  I'm so relieved for you!  I know there's still more research to be considered but at least things still look good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"