Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

S/O name calling question

would you correct LO if they call an aunt or uncle something that the aunt or uncle would prefer them not be called?

2 examples: My friend/LO Godmother, HATES 'auntie' so I try to get him to say Aunt K. But I'm not gonna lie sometimes I think it's easier for kids to throw the "ie" on the end. But whatever, she hates 'auntie k' so I try to get him to say aunt (although he doesn't say either at the moment) ...my nieces/nephew call me auntie nay and I love it.

This weekend my LO called my brother Uncle Pookie. His name is very ethnic, adults can't pronounce it so no way a child could... And I think it's so funny, because he a 6 ft + guy very built, and we will call him pookie now.

Do you ask people what they want to be called? Or just whatever flows? Like your and SO's good friends, are they "Bob" or "Mr. Bob" or "Uncle Bob"

Re: S/O name calling question

• No, I did not/would not correct any names.  Whatever is easiest for the child is fine with me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekfrix13:
    No, I did not/would not correct any names.  Whatever is easiest for the child is fine with me.

What do you do about introducing to people, like not an acutal family member but just a good friend of yours. Do you do the "mr/mrs" or the "uncle/aunt" or just "first name" ?

• Loading the player...
  • We make it really easy for aunt & uncle names.  Our kids call their aunts & uncles by their first names.
     Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Titles will be required of C when addressing adults. Mr/Mrs/Ms/Aunt/Uncle. I wont be picky about which one, but something and that person can figure out what they want. For any of our friends or his friends parents who prefer no title and only first name, they will have to get over it. I want my child to have manners and no one gets to lighten the requirements on that other than DH or me. I have a friend who prefers just her first name, and we explained to her our opinion and we mutually agreed to ms <first name>.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imagechapski:

imagekfrix13:
    No, I did not/would not correct any names.  Whatever is easiest for the child is fine with me.

What do you do about introducing to people, like not an acutal family member but just a good friend of yours. Do you do the "mr/mrs" or the "uncle/aunt" or just "first name" ?

What I meant by that is I'm not going to correct my child if they call someone auntie and that person just doesn't like the sound of it.  When I introduce someone I say "this is mr/Mrs. blah blah blah or this is aunt/uncle so and so".

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"