November 2011 Moms

Reflux Formula Help....

Carter went to the Dr today about all this puking he has been doing, his ultrasound for Pyloric Stenosis came back good, so the Dr. recommended putting him on Enfamil A.R. and Zantac to see if that would help. He gave us sample cans to use, and I thought "good, our other can is just about empty" What I didn't realize is that DH opened a new (COSTCO size) tub of formula... I have a call into the pedi, sometimes they call back the same day, sometimes it's first thing in the am)  but I figured I would ask you ladies first, can I just add rice cereal to that to use it up first and then switch him to the AR? I know from reading previous boards how much to add so thats not the concern,  and also does the brand really matter Similac VS Enfamil?  I have tons of similac coupons now...

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Reflux Formula Help....

• My LO uses Enfamil AR for the same reason. My pediatrician said you can add rice cereal to the formula and it is the same exact thing. Here's the only thing to think about- when you add rice cereal you will need to cut holes in the nipples of the bottles in order for the formula to come out. The AR does not need this. I guess it's broken down to such a point that it's not necessary and it comes out of a stage 2 nipple. I did the exact same thing and still have a full tub of regular enfamil in my pantry. How long until it expires once you open it? Any idea?
  • I use Enfamil AR in the evenings with LO for reflux. During the day we use pumped breast milk with rice cereal.  It has made a world of difference, I just can't tell you!

Mixing with formula would be the same as pumped BM - we use one teaspoon per 4 ounces.

I'm not sure Similac has an AR formula. I've briefly checked, but don't know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"