TTC After a Loss

Someone beat me with a mallet (BFP mentioned - not mine)

So my best friend for years has been dating my brothe for over a year now. They got pregnant with my niece last September, she is now 8 months old. Well they have had a ton of issues since she got pregnant with my niece. They live apart from each other now and have been trying to work things out. Well she just called me. She got a positive pee stick. She is freaking out and called the first person she could turn to. Me. I mean I love her to death and she is a great mom. However, this is horribly bad timing. I just hate how she can get pregnant by accident and I can't get pregnant on purpose and keep it. I just need to vent. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Someone beat me with a mallet (BFP mentioned - not mine)

• Ouch. That would definitely hurt, a lot. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this right now. Feel free to vent anytime you need to, I've been doing my fair share of it lately.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ((huge hugs)) That really sucks. I'm sorry.
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I know exactly how you are feeling. 

I really don't have any advice to make you feel better (I can barely make myself feel better) but with time healing does come. 

A friend of mine has a 3 month old baby girl that she got pregnant with "by accident" and talks about how "hard it is to be a mother so young" and "how awesome my life was before" and it pisses me off!

I just keep telling myself one day I'll get my sticky baby...One day. 

• I am so sorry. That must have been really difficult to hear. Life just isn't fair. ((hugs))
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • imagejonesdouglas:

I know exactly how you are feeling. 

I really don't have any advice to make you feel better (I can barely make myself feel better) but with time healing does come. 

A friend of mine has a 3 month old baby girl that she got pregnant with "by accident" and talks about how "hard it is to be a mother so young" and "how awesome my life was before" and it pisses me off!

The part that just has me concerned is that she has so many issues with my brother. He isn't the most responsible person and can be a jackas$. They aren't living together anymore. She has gone through so many issues with my brother and depression the last few months. Plus my mom treats her like dirt and has since she got KU last time. It is terrible timing. Of course I will be there for it. Help her out. However, I can't stop myself from being jelly and thinking that it should be me first. I should be the one having a little baby. Not her. Ugh.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagejonesdouglas:

I know exactly how you are feeling. 

The part that just has me concerned is that she has so many issues with my brother. He isn't the most responsible person and can be a jackas$. They aren't living together anymore. She has gone through so many issues with my brother and depression the last few months. Plus my mom treats her like dirt and has since she got KU last time. It is terrible timing. Of course I will be there for it. Help her out. However, I can't stop myself from being jelly and thinking that it should be me first. I should be the one having a little baby. Not her. Ugh.  

I completely understand.

Life isn't fair... 

• ((HUGS)) Life is so unfair. (And I feel like I'm saying that a lot lately, which is sad.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That really sucks ((hugs)).  It is amazing that you are still being a good friend to her, it must be very hard for you. 

I feel like if a person did not plan their pregnancy they are more likely to have a perfectly healhy pregnancy with a perfectly helthy baby.  I have a coworker who is due 3 weeks before I should have been and she mentions almost daily that she didn't even want a baby but she is SO happy now and everything is just perfect! Vom.

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Ugh.  That is awful.  I'm so sorry you have to deal with that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Huge hugs.  I'm sorry it's not your BFP.  I'll never understand why its so easy for some people and so hard for others.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"