Natural Birth

wish i didn't care about weight estimates

I know how off they can be...my daughter was born via csection the day after an u/s measured her to be over 11 lbs. Somehow I'm still effected by his 7lb weight estimate from todays ultrasound that was just supposed to check the location of my placenta. I didn't even think to ask her not to tell me because i didn't think she was doing anything else. Now even though I'm saying the right things and telling myself the right things I'm not sure i'm fully convinced. My daughter being 8lbs 12 oz at 39 weeks is nothing to scoff at...what if he's 10 or more pounds when i go into labor? Even though I do truly believe my body isn't going to produce a baby too big for me to push out there is still some doubt.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

Re: wish i didn't care about weight estimates

• It can be scary to think that you might have a big baby (for a lot of reasons, which I'm sure you know!). At my 37 week ultrasound they estimated my baby's weight at 8 pounds 5 ounces. As a first time mom that was pretty scary, knowing I could easily go 4 more weeks. I ended up giving birth at 39 1/2 weeks to a 9 pound 5 ounce baby. I went into labor on my own and was able to deliver naturally, without any medical intervention whatsoever. I do think my labor and birth was more difficult because of the size of the baby (I pushed for 4 hours, had a 2nd degree tear), but my body was able to handle it.

Just keep believing in yourself, your body knows what its doing. You may have a big baby, but you can still do it naturally! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Like you said, your body won't grow a baby bigger than needed.  And, for more assurance, look at the article further down about the woman who gave birth naturally to the almost 14lb baby.  It's all about believing in yourself.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • my first two were 8lbs and 9lbs.  I had them both naturally, I cant take the prize tho.  My ex-MIL who is 5 foot tall and tiny had an 11 lbs baby and 13 lbs baby all naturally!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• DD was estimated to be 10+lbs the day before she was born and measured ahead the entire pregnancy. I know my midwives are not concerned about size and I will get to try and VBAC regardless but honestly I dread every appointment when they measure my fundal height. I have measured on track every appointment but I'm just waiting for them to use the dreaded words "you are measuring ahead".

I thought I would be free from 3rd tri ultrasounds this time but due to my anterior placenta I need to have another ultrasound to double check the location of my placenta in relation to my scar. I'm sure some kind of weight estimate will come up and I don't think I will have the will power to tell them not to tell me. So yeah, I wish I didn't care but it was such a big part of my last pregnancy it is hard to put it completely aside.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"