Stay at Home Moms
Options

When you say you went without a bra...

Okay, so I'm referring to the post below about school dropoff as well as a post I saw on facebook last week where some moms were talking about not putting on bras until after lunch. 

Do you mean that you're wearing a sports bra, or that you actually left the house without a bra on?  I don't even sleep without a bra (haven't since maybe high school), so the idea of going without one is far too much for me to handle. 

Isn't that uncomfortable?????

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When you say you went without a bra...

• Options
    I wonder this too. I never don't wear a bra, its so uncomfortable. I assume that people who can get away with this aren't as endowed as I am maybe?
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJune2007:
    I wonder this too. I never don't wear a bra, its so uncomfortable. I assume that people who can get away with this aren't as endowed as I am maybe?

Could be. I'm an F when I'm not pregnant or nursing, so that could have something to do with it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not uncomfortable (physically) without a bra. I don't usually put it on until after I shower (around 10-11am) unless I do cardio in the morning then I throw on a sports bra. I only wore one to bed when I was BFing and HATED it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemeangene:

imageJune2007:

Could be. I'm an F when I'm not pregnant or nursing, so that could have something to do with it. 

Yeah I used to be a full D but after nursing two kids I'm now happily a C (though I could do with out the floppiness but that's another issue entirely..). I still feel uncomfortable with out a sports bra on though!

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm on the smaller side... small Bs actually, when I'm not pregnant. And taking off my bra is one of the best parts of getting ready for bed. Sleeping with a bra on sounds like torture to me. I don't typically like going out without a bra, but I have done it before... just with a jacket on. 
  • Options
    I love to go without a bra... if I have a shelf tank on, but need something. I never go out of the house with no bra/support on. 
  • Options
    Well, I am an A (even while pregnant and BFing...my boobs barely grow. Oh well) So I definitely can go without and certainly don't wear one to bed or in the morning before I get dressed. however, except for certain halter top sundresses of mine I never leaves the house without one...I don't need everyone on earth seeing my nipples through my shirt.
  • Options
    I hate going without.  I always used to sleep without one but now I wear a sports bra to bed because of nursing and it's comfortable.  I'll probably continue past when I finish nursing.
  • Options
    Yep, no bra at all.  Just a T-shirt.  I have a pretty small chest though!!
  • Options

imagekayla&joe:
    Without a bra is no bra at all.  No regular bra, no sports bra, no sleep bra.  I never wear a bra to sleep in and don't usually put one on until I get ready for the day (various times depending on the day).  I am a D so I don't think it has to do with size, I just am very uncomfortable sleeping in a bra.

This is me. Pregnant, I hardly go without one during the day. I used to just wear a workout tank if I was going to be home all day but it just doesn't work for me right now. Used to long for coming home and taking my bra off. It was the best part of the day!

Sleeping in a bra is still pure torture though.

Also a D so don't it has to do with size either.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    I actually find wearing a bra uncomfortable, so I take it off the second I know I'm inside for the rest of the day. Sports bras are either completely not supportive (I'm a 34DDD) or so tight that they really hurt (but I still need to wear 2 at once to work out!). I can't imagine wearing one to sleep lol! I had trouble sleeping when I was nursing and needed something to hold the pads in!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't wear a bra to bed, and will often take mine off when I switch to my comfies around 8PM. Otherwise I always wear one. I am a smaller B and could probably sometimes go without, but when I am up and moving I like it better with one on. I also have a fear of my nipples showing through my clothes without one.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageLynsiBHM:
    I am not uncomfortable (physically) without a bra. I don't usually put it on until after I shower (around 10-11am) unless I do cardio in the morning then I throw on a sports bra. I only wore one to bed when I was BFing and HATED it!

OMG, I hated wearing a bra to bed when BFing too.  It was just a sports bra too.  I cannot stand to sleep in a bra and if I didn't look National Geographic now without one, I'd probably go without all the time at home!

I seriously take my bra off and put pj's on at like 6pm.  (in the winter months at least!)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I could never go anywhere without a bra. Ever.
  • Options
    I always wear a bra. It's one of the first things I do when I get up. Sometimes I sleep in a tank with a shelf bra and I'm ok with that for nighttime but not for daytime. The other day I couldn't find a tank after my bath so I just put a shirt on. It was so unusual I told DH I was free-ballin it and gave him a good shake. I'm a small c. 
  • Options

imageDevonPow:
    Well, I am an A (even while pregnant and BFing...my boobs barely grow. Oh well) So I definitely can go without and certainly don't wear one to bed or in the morning before I get dressed. however, except for certain halter top sundresses of mine I never leaves the house without one...I don't need everyone on earth seeing my nipples through my shirt.

This is me exactly. I certainly don't really need one but I don't leave my house without one. I never wear one at home though, it comes off right when I walk in the door.

• Options
    I didn't wear a bra til I was 25, but I wear one every day now. I usually put my bra on when I get dressed in the morning, but I don't always wear it all day. Taking it off in the evening is the best part!
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Options
    I'm a D and I like to be braless from bedtime until I shower at some point in the morning. I don't find it uncomfortable not to wear one, but I am not comfortable answering the door or leaving without one on since its obvious in my case.
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Options

Everything you said is totally me! I never go with a bra and haven't since I started wearing a bra! I even wear my bra under my sports bra at the gym.

It's very uncomfortable to go without one for me, but I have been more blessed than I would choose to be...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I almost never wear a bra. I am a very small A (Especially after breastfeeding) so I don't really feel like I need one. I will wear a bra if the shirt I'm wearing is thin, I don't want to be showing off my nips haha. But bras are pretty uncomfortable for me because I can never find one that fits me (Unless i want to wear a training bra haha)
    A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • Options
    You girls just blew my mind. I just assumed everyone wore at least a sports bra at all times :)
  • Options

I don't wear a bra right now unless I have to dress up for some reason.  I'm BFing and it's easier to just wear nursing tanks all the time- just the tank around the house and underneath an outer layer when I go out.  I'm an E but it gives me enough support.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No, I meant no bra at all.  It's not uncomfortable.  I don't hardly have any boobs :-P 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"