May 2012 Moms
Options

FYI: L&D Tour

The labor classes post made me remember our hospital tour.... you may want to ask if they have a fridge/pantry room for the patients like ours did.  

Our hospital will print out labels for you while your in L&D for you to stick on food/beverage items and they have a fridge up there to hold your stuff in your name. SO brought in 4 bottles of pop for himself, it's MUCH cheaper then using the vending machine.

They also have graham crackers, apple juice, ice machine, etc. in this pantry. Anyone the has an ID bracelet (mother, father) can go in there and grab anything out of the cupboards or get their food. They say anything that doesn't have a label is free to anyone.

They understand that we'll be hungry inbetween food times, especially after labor.

Re: FYI: L&D Tour

• Options
    Nice! I hadn't even thought of that :)  I hope my hospital does this and that I remember to ask in 2 months when I have my tour :p
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good to know! Thanks for the info... will help with planning. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our L&D is similar, you just have to ask the receptionist to buzz you into the snack room... they have mini sodas, juice, graham crackers, crackers, ice, etc...

We could also order clear liquids during labor... chicken broth, and jello... um um! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That's good to know!  I'm in MN too...what hospital do you use? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We will have a food room too.  And I went to see a friend of mine who had her baby at the same hospital and there is a mini fridge in each room! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Options
    imageandrea.kay:

That's good to know!  I'm in MN too...what hospital do you use? 

Allina - Cambridge (5 mins from me)

Just a warning from a friend of mine that was due yesterday.... Allina clinics won't induce until 1 week after your due date. Fairveiw clinics will induce a week before your due date if you choose to.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"