Baby Showers
Options

"open house"

What does it mean when "open house" is written on the shower invitation?

Thanks! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: "open house"

• Options

It means you can come anytime between those hours.  You aren't expected to stay the full time, and it most likely means that the normal shower stuff (games, gift opening) will not take place.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    I think it means its not a set time - you can come and go as you please.  It won't be your typical, more formal shower.  I've never actually been to one though, so I may be wrong!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It means there is no start and end time. You can come an go anytime during the hours listed on the invite.

There will probably not be any games. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options
    I think that would actually be pretty nice and relaxed. Never heard of anyone doing this for a baby shower.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was invited to a "drop in" shower once, and I thought that sounded very gift grabby.  We don't want to play games, feed you, or let you see the gifts get opened, just come by and drop off your present and leave.  (As a side note, I was a lot more angry about this situation because I had not seen the girl in a long time and we were never close.  I was unable to attend the shower, and asked her if I could meet up with her sometime to catch up and give her my gift, and she replied with an address where I could mail the present). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Options
    We're having an open house for my shower. But we will have a few games. Not the weird mess. We'll also have food and everything normal. The times are between 2-4, so some people won't get off from their jobs until about 3. But we'll still have food for them if they want it.

Started back on BC May, 2010; Had last shot on Aug. 2010
    TTC starting in November, 2010; Irregular cycles- went to Dr
    U/S showed cysts on both ovaries; Diag. Lap on March 1st, 2011
    Lap showed that my right fal. tube is centered, instead of to the right
    Left fal. tube is disjointed
    uterus is tilted and the size of a softball, not a pear.
    BFP on 8-30-11, 9-2-11, and 9-4-11.
    EDD is May 14, 2012. :)
    Babygirl born on April 16, 2012.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"