June 2012 Moms

barely a bump?? Huh

I am 19 weeks eat like a horse and gained roughly 2lbs and I have barely a bump. Although my jacket will not fit round my middle anymore, but I am worried that I am underweight and my bump is not big enough. I have a us next week, but need some reassurance everything is okay. I do have a heart fetal monitor and the HB is strong any advice at all?

Re: barely a bump?? Huh

• First babies can take a while to pop since you have better muscle tone in your abs. With DS I was much closer to 23 weeks when I had a bump. This time around between 16 and 17 it was obviously a bump
    Our Halloween Treat! Self-weaned at 23months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine comes and goes. I'm not quite sure why. This is my first and I'm roughly 20 weeks. Last week, my bump was HUGE, but this week, it's definitely smaller. The only thing that keeps me knowing everything is okay are those reassuring little kicks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Although I definitely gained more than 2 pounds by 19 weeks, with my first I didn't show until 22 weeks.  It just depends on your body type, but the bump will come!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • At 20 weeks I had gained between .5 and 1 lb and barely had a bump. In normal clothes you wouldn't have been able to see it. I had my a/s that day and the baby was measuring 20weeks 5days and was in the 70%ile. Don't worry. Baby is getting what it needs even if you don't look like it yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a bump that you can tell is a baby that I just got last week.  Before that I still looked just like a devoured a dozen donuts but I've gained weight for sure. 
  • I am in the same boat, but I haven't gained anything yet. I have my a/s next week on Tues & they always say the baby is doing great. So,  I'm not worried about it. GL to you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  •  everyone is shaped differently and also depending on uterus positioning etc can affect when you pop. I popped at 18 weeks, but still have a smaller bump in the morning than at night...
  • Does the bump really "pop" overnight? I'm still waiting for mine as well, but my MW told me today that everything's as it should be. I know I'll be plenty big later on, but I still want to at least look a little pregnant to outsiders.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"