Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

I got horrible news yesterday

One of my old patrol partners called to chat and told me my Ex-husband's oldest daughter had run away. Not terribly uncommon, lots of teens do this. But between his two girls, the oldest was closest to me. She was my shadow when her dad and I were dating for years and the short time we were married.

I ask my partner if he located her and he said they went to the boyfriend's house and the mother there lied, said the runaway wasn't there. So the cops leave. About 10 mins later a call drops of a possible break in to a house, in the same area they were just at, and a boy and girl were in the backyard. My partner gets to the backyard and finds my ex's daughter on the ground with a stab wound to her stomach. My heart freaking sank!

He said she gave him a story about her attacker: W/M, 6'5, 250lbs hopped the fence, stabbed her and ran off. So it's put out on the radio for a BOLO, 5 agencies show up to assist, helicopter is sent out, canines released for tracking and my partner is there with my ex's daughter. (I feel weird about calling her my stepdaughter since her dad and I are no longer married). They survey her wound and send life flight, believing she will not make it.

My partner said the more he went over her story it wasn't adding up. No fresh tracks on the ground from someone that's 250 lbs, no forced entry where she said he left the yard and her boyfriend can't keep his story straight when he was there with her when it happened. Turns out, she lied. She stabbed herself in the freaking stomach!! I don't know if they were trying to gain entry into the back of the home but that's what it seems like. My partner kept pointing out holes in their stories and finally she confessed. She said she didn't want to go home, she wanted to spend time with her boyfriend and her dad doesn't approve of him.

All of that nonsense over not wanting to go home? I just don't get it. So many officers, fireman, EMS sent out to help a girl they thought had been brutally attacked. My partner said they were working it as a homicide because they thought she was going to die. Craziness!!

I've been so freaking worried for her since I got this call. I really want to go by the house and talk to her mom, see how she's doing. My ex-husband's ex wife and I used to stay in touch but after Emma was born we kinda fell out of touch.

Last I heard her injuries weren't bad, she was being released from the hospital today.

Re: I got horrible news yesterday

• Options
    OMG!  That's awful!  I'm sorry that someone you care about is having so many issues.  I think it goes without saying that she is in need of some attention and someone she trusts to talk to.  I hope that she gets the help she needs.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That is so horrible. Does she have a bad home life?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemamabrof:
    OMG!  That's awful!  I'm sorry that someone you care about is having so many issues.  I think it goes without saying that she is in need of some attention and someone she trusts to talk to.  I hope that she gets the help she needs.

Exactly. Underlying MAJOR issues. UGH! I really want to see her right freaking now!! She's the one that's always been 'daddy's girl' and I know she lives with her dad so I have no clue what went so south in their relationship beyong teenage angst and rebellion. You know?

• Options
    imagelilbit923:

imagemamabrof:

Exactly. Underlying MAJOR issues. UGH! I really want to see her right freaking now!! She's the one that's always been 'daddy's girl' and I know she lives with her dad so I have no clue what went so south in their relationship beyong teenage angst and rebellion. You know?

Is it a possiblity for you to see her...or would that cause a lot of issues?

• Options

imageEVA116:
    That is so horrible. Does she have a bad home life?

Not when I was in her life. But I've moved on after her dad and I divorced. I don't patrol there where we used to live, I sold my house there, remarried, new job, new babies. Life gets away from you quickly when you've got other things going on.

My buddy asked me if I thought something was going on in the home from when I was there. Um, no. We worked together with the kids, everyone got homework done, bathed, had dinner, played video games, we did the birthday parties, visiting family and friends, etc. We kept a structured routine for all the kids. Maybe teenage girls is far too much for my ex to deal with. I would hope he's staying in contact with their mother so she can be informed of what's happening.

I just can't believe this. I know they say "It's always the one you least expect" but this truly is the last person I'd expect to do this.

• Options
    imagelilbit923:

imagemamabrof:

I hope you get to talk to her.  Girls can be so hard to understand during those years because we keep things inside and overanalyze, etc.  Have you gotten a chance to talk to your ex?  Assuming you still talk?

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageEVA116:
    imagelilbit923:
    imagemamabrof:

Is it a possiblity for you to see her...or would that cause a lot of issues?

I would LOVE to! If I knew she'd be home right now, I'd go get the girls and head there for a visit. I think bringing the girls would shift her focus from what she's dealing with to meeting new babies. I've been trying to reach their mom and trying not to freak the hell out. I know I'm not married to their dad but I still have this ache like that's my daughter too. I know she isn't but it's just so hurtful and I can't fix any of this!

• Options

imagemamabrof:
    I hope you get to talk to her.  Girls can be so hard to understand during those years because we keep things inside and overanalyze, etc.  Have you gotten a chance to talk to your ex?  Assuming you still talk?

We haven't talked in years. He's still feeling really guilty about me finding out he was banging my best friend when I was on patrol. When we see each other we say hi but that's about it. I don't hold hard feelings against him, I'm far happier where I am now and I look at our relationship as something I had to go through in my life to appreciate the happiness that I have now, if that makes sense.

• Options
    Are they positive the boyfriend didn't do it?

• Options

imageEVA116:
    Are they positive the boyfriend didn't do it?

Yep. Blamed it on a 'fake' suspect. It's just a sad situation all the way around.

• Options
    Wow I am so sorry to hear that! I think that a visit from you would mean a lot to her...if anything I would show her that someone does care about her.  It probably won't be so shocking to know that you have heard about the incident because of your line of work, and I think it may be good for her to hear from you.
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageBeetleLinz1125:
    Wow I am so sorry to hear that! I think that a visit from you would mean a lot to her...if anything I would show her that someone does care about her.  It probably won't be so shocking to know that you have heard about the incident because of your line of work, and I think it may be good for her to hear from you.

I can't help but see her in my mind and NOT think of Emma and Isla too. I'm mad, upset, disappointed, scared for her. The mom in me is blaming myself for not having stayed in touch. I realize that every hiccup in life can't be prevented but maybe things would have been different had I stayed in touch? I don't know. I'm waiting to hear from her mom to see what's going on. But I've got to take Isla to the pedi this afternoon, I am gonna drive by her home and see if anyone is there. Geez!!

• Options
    call her your SD it's all good cause...shat, that's horrible.  You were emotionally invested in this little girl and...ugh, I hope she makes a full recovery
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow that is pretty horrible. I can't believe she actually stabbed herself? Hopefully she sees this as a wake up call to get some help for whatever she is going through, and hopefully you are able to talk to her mom without it being awkward. 
  • Options

Was this yesterday afternoon near Cy-Creek HS?  If so, my DH had his soccer team at practice and all of a sudden there was a helicopter above and police officers running at hime to get his kids off the field because there were potential burglars in the area. 

This would make a lot more sense if they thought one of the "burglars" had already stabbed someone.  I hope she is OK.

• Options
    imageodear:
    Was this yesterday afternoon near Cy-Creek HS?  If so, my DH had his soccer team at practice and all of a sudden there was a helicopter above and police officers running at hime to get his kids off the field because there were potential burglars in the area. 

This would make a lot more sense if they thought one of the "burglars" had already stabbed someone.  I hope she is OK.

No. It happened during the weekend and not near Cy-Creek HS.

To answer the other pps, I did go by and see her. She saw me and just cried. I hugged her and I talked with her and my ex for about an hour. She's very much got that "I know everything, I'm 15" attitude. Even talking down to her Dad as though he knows nothing, she's taken to judging adults for decisions they make like she has every answer. Definitely not the girl I used to know, but I think she's still in there.

I had no clue how many treatment centers and counselors she's been to since I left. She's on two medications that don't seem to be working, my ex looks run down and overwhelmed. Maybe this is the 'answer' they were both needing for my SD to get help. Evidently, she's been feeling the way Connor was feeling...like she doesn't matter, no one will miss her, she's better off dead kinda attitude. My ex and I swapped numbers in case he needs help with SD getting her to and from school (he works offshore and has an odd schedule). His ex-wife is back to making excuses, in a dead end marriage, wants to leave her husband to help her daughter but won't. Crazy situation all the way around.

I called DH after I left and told him I stopped by to see SD. He knew I had been worried since I heard what happened. He and I agree both SD's can come visit with us when they need a change of scenery. Ugh. I hope things turn around for her.

• Options
    Oh, Lilbit!! Hugs, hugs, hugs, girl. I'm so sorry. It seems like she really needs help and I hope she gets it. Maybe visiting with you can help her to realize that she is cared for and she can turn things around. Good luck, sweetie.
  • Options

imageOctGirl80:
    Oh, Lilbit!! Hugs, hugs, hugs, girl. I'm so sorry. It seems like she really needs help and I hope she gets it. Maybe visiting with you can help her to realize that she is cared for and she can turn things around. Good luck, sweetie.

It's ok. I know kids get depressed, act out, get into trouble but this is just hard to see. From the short conversation, she really needs help. I saw some of her writing and it's all wrapped around this boy that won't return her affection, she's in love, he's with someone else. I get her pain is very real but she's just spiraling and cant focus on anything else. I really hope she does get help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"