Success after IF

Anyone's LO see a pedi endocrinologist?

When we took Nate in for his autism testing the pedi we saw said that both kids were super small and we should see a pedi endocrinologist.  We spoke to our pedi about it and she said let's see how they look on the growth chart at their two year appt.  Nate is still on the curve, but Sammie fell off so we made an appt for both kids to see a local pedi endocr.  Of course the dr only sees new patients on Tuesdays and one at a time. 

We took Sammie this am and the didn't have any fast answers for us.  And Sammie, who is normally my mellow mellow one, screamed the entire time. We are going to do some bloodwork (REALLY REALLY looking forward to that nightmare!).  B/c she was actually on the growth chart at one time, the dr. isn't thinking it's an endocrine problem.  It might be a nutritional or absorbtion issue.  So we are getting a thyroid test, and a celiac test and a few other tests done to see if it's any of those.

I know every child is an individual, but I would I'd love to hear what anyone else has been through that might be similar.  Oh, and we get to do this all over again with Nate next Tuesday! Woo hoo!

Re: Anyone's LO see a pedi endocrinologist?

• DD doesn't but I did growing up due to my thyroid problem and my other issues.

The bloodwork won't be fun and if it's thyroid a quarterly check will be required to monitor her levels.  

On the upside I got used to it fast and it became NBD, and if it's thyroid once it's managed the response to treatment is great.

if you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try to answer them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ETA
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"