May 2012 Moms
Options

Contractions and modified bed rest

Well, it appears that baby girl doesn't want to cooperate. This all started last Thursday (24w, 1 day) morning at 4:30 in the morning. I started having contractions. I thought they were just BH, but when they were consistent (10 min.) apart I got a little nervous. Through out the morning they got worse(5 min with pain), so by just after lunch, I headed over to labor and delivery (doctor recommendation) to get checked out. A few hours later, I was being admitted for observation for the night.

The night turned into all day Friday as well, while they ran tests. After all the tests (blood, swabs, cervix, ultrasounds, etc) they decided I was not having pre-labor contractions, which was great news, but contractions nevertheless. I was put on modified bed rest for the next 2 weeks until a follow up appointment.

Well, I thought I was getting better until this morning at 5 AM. Contractions again, back to 5 min. apart. I did the recommendations, which seem to be helping (which is drink lots of water and take some tylenol) a bit. We are back to being spaced out to 20 min give or take.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We aren't ready to have our daughter quite this early. I haven't even ordered the crib yet!

I am so nervous and upset. Crying off and on all morning. Feel like such a failure at being a good carrier for the baby. I know it's not my fault, but not sure how I will get through the next 3 months if this continues.

Thanks for listening. Helps to get it out. My poor DH has been a rock, but I know he is completely worried and freaked out. He has been staying home with me to make sure I don't need anything and of course to hold me when I am crying.

Is is wrong to want a drink? A real one?

JenniAtlanta Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Contractions and modified bed rest

• Options
    T&Ps!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thoughts and prayers to you.  No its not wrong to want a drink. But to drink it yes.  Try not to worry and I am sure it will calm down. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh, you poor thing. Lots of prayers & good thoughts that baby stays in there growing, growing, growing!

--Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So sad to hear about your situation.  You're in my T&Ps!  I know this is a crazy, I don't know whats happening time, but remember that prayer and meditation can go a lot further than stress. 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options

T&P to you.  Please just listen closely to your doctors.  Stay off of your feet, drink lots of water and make DH do everything for you.  If you don't feel right, call, call, call! It seems like you are doing everything right. 

As far as feeling like a failure - realize that this is not your fault. 

*** William Abner 8/25/2008 24w3d *** Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Definitely sending lots of prayers your way!  I am sorry you are having to go through this.  I know it is hard not to stress, but stress can make it worse.  Try to find something that will help you relax, whether it be watching old movies or reading a good book or listening to relaxing music and meditating.  My doctor told me that we should drink more like 16 glasses of water when pregnant when I called one day with a bunch of BH contractions, so make sure you are drinking lots of water.  Good luck!!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this :(  Wishing you all the best!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thoughts are with you.. Hope the bed rest helps :) 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    wow that is so scary, i feel for you. I have been on bed rest lately but not for risk of losing the baby. So glad your husband has a job that he can take off from. Try to hang in there. Thoughts and Prayers your way. 
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my God!!  How scary.  Thoughts and prayers for you and the baby.  I will pray that the baby stays in there for a long time.  I am kind of on rest too but not because of contractions so I do understand where you're coming from.  And trust me, I want a drink badly too.  So I completely understand.  Please keep us updated.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    T&P are with you!! Stay strong!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You and family in my thoughts and prayers.  And no it's not wrong to want a drink.  I am not much of a drinker, but every now and then like something.  After the LO gets here, sometime. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"