Success after IF

In Honor of Channing Tatum and Schmoodle

So in the FB post heard round the world whether or not someone was attractive was discussed in connection with whether or not they also appeared to be intelligent.  I've always thought Brad Pitt was hot, but one time I saw an interview of him (pre-Interview with a Vampire) and was so disappointed how stupid he was.  Now in fairness I realize in my older age he was either drunk or high at the time of the interview and I actually no longer believe he's intellectually challenged but for years I was so unattracted to him despite his obvious hotness. 

So what totally hot guy (celebrity or otherwise) can you just not daydream about because he seems to be unintelligent?

All in good fun ladies - and go!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: In Honor of Channing Tatum and Schmoodle

• Well, I don't think Matthew Mcconaughey is necessarily dumb, but he is just a big weirdo (in my opinion).  I think he is amazingly gorgeous and probably great in bed, but he is so far out there, it really diminishes his sexiness for me.

But, I still daydream occasionally ; ) 

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, another - Ben Affleck.  Not dumb at all.  In fact, I imagine he is pretty intelligent.  But I saw an interview with him where he was smoking and being so vulgar and nasty, it really turned me off him.

• Loading the player...
  • imageLVBlvd:
    Oh, another - Ben Affleck.  Not dumb at all.  In fact, I imagine he is pretty intelligent.  But I saw an interview with him where he was smoking and being so vulgar and nasty, it really turned me off him.
    This is funny because objectively I think Ben Affleck is better looking than Matt Damon but I find Matt Damon far more attractive because he seems more down to earth, nicer, and just like we'd be friends if I were a Hollywood actress as opposed to what I actually am.  *sigh*
  • imageLVBlvd:

Well, I don't think Matthew Mcconaughey is necessarily dumb, but he is just a big weirdo (in my opinion).  I think he is amazingly gorgeous and probably great in bed, but he is so far out there, it really diminishes his sexiness for me.

There was a Mom on another board who had a pic of Matt belly down paddling out on his surf board into the ocean.  His board shorts were riding particularly low and his back looked like something I'd want to lick chocolate off of.  That's ALL I can think about now when I think about him.....

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em girls 'cause I'd go there in a heart beat.  

My bottom line is that I'm married to a man who's got a kick @ss brain.  I don't give a flying flip if my fantasy man has half a brain cell 'cause I'm only using them for one thing and it doesn't require a large IQ to talk dirty to me....

I can easily disconnect simple physical/sexual attraction from emotional and intellectual stimulation.  For a fantasy I don't need both.  Maybe this is why I was able to enjoy experimentation in my 20's that involved a lot of fun without a lot of commitment? 

For my husband... I do and feel lucky that in my opinion (which I know not all will share) he's rocking both aspects. 

In fairness we don't really watch TV and I don't read gossip mags so I honestly know pretty much nothing about most celebrities including how smart or dumb they come across.  It's all just eye candy for me.  (with the exception of celebs I know have cheated because that really makes someone very unattractive to me.  Can't even fantasize about getting it on with a guy who's cheated on his wife but have no problem fantasizing about getting it on with a guy who by the nature of the fantasy is cheating on his wife with me at the time... how's that for a double standard?)

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Colin Farrell. When asked about his less than average IQ, he was quoted as saying "It's not that I'm stupid. It's just that I don't think sometimes." Sigh. If only that sexy accent had half a brain behind it.

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Not so much the IQ issue, but if I hear that a celeb is really a grade A major A-hole in real life, that turns me off more than lack of a brain.

Alexander Skarsgard is always hovering around the top of my list, but my cousin met him and watched him on a set where he was waiting to shoot a scene (was right across the street from where she worked) and said that he was such an arrogant pompous A-hole.

• imageCassian:

Not so much the IQ issue, but if I hear that a celeb is really a grade A major A-hole in real life, that turns me off more than lack of a brain.

Alexander Skarsgard is always hovering around the top of my list, but my cousin met him and watched him on a set where he was waiting to shoot a scene (was right across the street from where she worked) and said that he was such an arrogant pompous A-hole.

noooooooooooooooooooooo.....not Eric :(

But in principle I agree.  I feel this way about Batman, what's his name...the new one...shoot

• imageGypsyEsq:
    imageCassian:

Not so much the IQ issue, but if I hear that a celeb is really a grade A major A-hole in real life, that turns me off more than lack of a brain.

But in principle I agree.  I feel this way about Batman, what's his name...the new one...shoot

Christian Bale! That was another one that fell from my graces as well. Now, I will be really sad if Gerard Butler or James McAvoy turn our to be jerks. 

• Please...never say "Channing Tatum and Schmoodle" again, LOL!!!!

Hmmm...besides him? (And again, I want to clarify that intelligence or lack thereof notwithstanding - I still don't think he's good looking!)...I guess Keanu Reeves? Not necessarily intelligence per se but even though he I agree is technically attractive, he is such a terrible actor that I find him laughable, not sexy.

I acknowledge that my taste in men is not always on par with most though. I like Jeff Goldblum and have had my share of mocking for it, LOL. Javier Bardem is also not bad. Christian Bale and Skarsgard are still hot, a$$holes or not (and that remix of Bale's rant at an assistant almost made me like him more because it was the funniest thing I'd heard in years). Ben Affleck looks like a date rapist and skeeves me out. Matt Damon is cute like a puppy, not sexy.

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • imageschmoodle:

Ben Affleck looks like a date rapist and skeeves me out. 

And this shall go down as my favorite Schmoodle quote. 

• imageCassian:
    imageGypsyEsq:
    imageCassian:

Christian Bale! That was another one that fell from my graces as well. Now, I will be really sad if Gerard Butler or James McAvoy turn our to be jerks. 

I usually lurk but HAD to step in here. We have the SAME taste in men. I have spent more time than I am willing to admit imagining Alex and I doing unmentionable things. Also, James McAvoy is my number one heart throb. DH thinks I'm nuts, but I would drop anything to have 5 minutes in a dark closet with him! Whew! Thanks for this thread, ladies, put me in a much better mood!

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • imageschmoodle:

Please...never say "Channing Tatum and Schmoodle" again, LOL!!!!

Literally LOL'd at my desk.  

TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Ladies this whole thread has me rolling...Schmoodle I promise never to utter these words again but it was too funny and fun to pass up.

Javier Bardem...holy moly I love him.  I also really like Benecio Del Toro, but both of them have the tendency to look like they've just come up for air after a 30 day bender.  In fact, that's a favorite game of mine when watching their movies -- undereye bags, no undereye bags, undereye bags, etc....

I'm going to remain in blissful ignorance re: Alexander.  Christian Bale is still smoking but his voice as Batman is just too much.

I thought of one other -- Josh Duhamel.  I think he's so handsome but I've heard he's not so smart.  But I do like him in that Las Vegas show that is in reruns on TNT. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"