Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Re: Morning, Bumpies

• Well, after yesterday when my PG friend fell down a flight of stairs, rushing to get a quick smoke in while her other two kids waited in the car.... I guess I needed to read that. Thank you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBlondeDutchess912:
    Well, after yesterday when my PG friend fell down a flight of stairs, rushing to get a quick smoke in while her other two kids waited in the car.... I guess I needed to read that. Thank you!

I'm not sure that I could suspend judgment in that situation.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemamabrof:

imageBlondeDutchess912:
    Well, after yesterday when my PG friend fell down a flight of stairs, rushing to get a quick smoke in while her other two kids waited in the car.... I guess I needed to read that. Thank you!

It wont be easy.

• imageBlondeDutchess912:
    imagemamabrof:

imageBlondeDutchess912:

It wont be easy.

That is one thing that makes me stabby: people who smoke around their kids.  I don't care if you smoke, just don't do it around your kids.

• A good read. Thanks for that. And,BD, I'm pretty sure I'd be judging her, too.
  • Now, I feel like a jerk for posting an article about not being judgy, then being judgy in the thread.  Lame sauce.
  • Nope I'm judgy about it too. Kids should have the right to choose whether they want carcinogens in their lungs or not.
    IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ugh I can't open it at work....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagemamabrof:
    Now, I feel like a jerk for posting an article about not being judgy, then being judgy in the thread.  Lame sauce.
    I think there is a difference between something that is personal preference and something that is harmful. Smoking around kids is bad, regardless. It's not the same as judging someone because they chose to ff.
  • Well technically, she was only smoking around her fetus. The other two were in the car, free of smoke and supervision.

Here where I get super judgey and fell I may need to check myself: She got pg with her first unexpectedly, she and her BF stepped it up. Got their lives together, bought a house, got married etc. I had a lot of respect for her parenting at that time. Then she decided to try for number 2. When she got PG I knew she was still smoking but it wasn't common knowledge, I at least had a sense that it was something she struggled with. Then the child was born and she kinda just fell apart. I dont know if she's stressed or it's PPD or what but she hardly has any effort or energy for either of her kids and her marriage was struggling. It's bad enough that she influenced my choice to put my ute on lockdown, I just want to be more sure that I'm ready for two. For a while she was talking about never having anymore bc she was barely holding it together, I really felt bad for her. Then her BFF got PG and she decided, why not? lets be PG together. Now she is on her way to #3 (and smoking openly) and I just can't handle it. I find myself judging everything she does just because... I'm keeping my distance since I'm not sure I could be as happy for her as she and her new baby deserve for people to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"