Success after IF

Second pregnancies and movement

Did you feel movement appreciably earlier the second time around?  Last week at the NT the nurse asked me if I was feeling the babies yet and I said no, I didn't think so.  But actually I think I am.  I've had gas from day one but now I feel distinctive movements.  But, I also seem to recall at this stage babies aren't moving intentionally they are just having uncontrolled movements.  So I'm doubting myself.  I'm curious what the consensus is -- earlier movements or not?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Second pregnancies and movement

• I certainly felt my twins earlier than I did Paige.  I didn't feel Paige consistently until 24+ weeks.  I felt my twins on an airplane at 18 weeks.  I remember thinking, is that them, or am I just hungry?  But it was most certainly them.
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did feel movement much earlier but with DS I had an anterior placenta and with this one I don't.  I didn't feel DS until about 23 weeks, this time I started feeling movement around 15 weeks.

12-13 week babies definitely move a lot, but with 3 placenta's for cushion sometimes MOMs tend to start feeling movement later.  I think it's possible but would be super early.

TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Well sweetie... when you've got 3 in there I think all the regular "rules" go out the window. 

I thought for sure I was feeling Jace at 13 weeks but when I finally did really feel him at about 15 weeks I realized I had been wrong.

With you?  I wouldn't doubt that you're feeling them.   That's a lotta baby in not a lotta space.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • imagehowleyshell:

Well sweetie... when you've got 3 in there I think all the regular "rules" go out the window. 

I thought for sure I was feeling Jace at 13 weeks but when I finally did really feel him at about 15 weeks I realized I had been wrong.

With you?  I wouldn't doubt that you're feeling them.   That's a lotta baby in not a lotta space.

LOL, well see this is what I'm wondering, I mean I know my uterus is higher and more "out there" because of the trio but does it really mean I'll feel them more?  It seems plausible to me but I'm just wondering if I'm sitting here with a dumb look on my face enjoying the feelings of digestion...LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I felt Lucky sure-as-chit at 12 weeks this pregnancy. She's low, posterior, and well, she was a spaz back then. lol. (like a goldfish in a plastic bag. I thought I was nuts at first, but it was real.)

I seem to recall feeling Ava around 17 weeks'ish? but obviously didn't know what to expect.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Definitely.   I didn't feel Anna until 17 weeks.    I felt Harrison by 13 weeks.   I wasn't sure it was him until I was having an ultrasound with my OB.   As I felt him move, I saw him flip upside down on the screen.    I thought I was crazy - but that confirmed it for me!
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• Definitely. With the Doodles I felt the first twinges at maybe 18-19 weeks and wasn't even certain it was movement, was only just beginning to feel obvious movement at 23 weeks when the pregnancy ended. Toodle I felt twinges as early as 14 weeks, obvious movement at 18 or so and visible from the outside by 23. Boodle was similar to Toodle (but anterior placenta so would have been sooner if posterior).
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • I think multiples make a difference. Granted I've only been pregnant once so far, but I felt the twins at 14w5d, my husband could feel them from the outside at 15w exactly.
  • I started feeling movements later w my second pregnancy. I was worried, but now this little guy moves all the time.
    Henry and Papa at the farm
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"