Pregnant after 35

I am a fat fatty fatso :-(

I finally broke a barrier I said I never would.  I am officially over the 200 pound mark.  I cant believe it.  I am a tall girl (5'9) so I carry it fairly well but I made a  promise to  myself that I would never reach that weight and I am only 27 weeks pregnant. What does that say for the future? ahhhhh.
Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I am a fat fatty fatso :-(

• Don't worry, it will come off - I am 5'6", was a "normal" weight before DD and gained 40 lbs!!!!  Breastfeeding, lots of walks with baby and later jogging with her, and it all came off.  I'm on track to gain the same amount this time and not thrilled about it (this baby LOVES chocolate!!) but am committed to working hard to get it off again.  Cut yourself a break, you're growing a HUMAN :)  And I'm sure you look beautiful. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thanks! you are so kind, it was horrible to hear the numbers.  I need the encouragement :-)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • yes...The numbers are hard to bear..But keep in mind that you WILL lose it after baby comes! Hang in there!
  • I also passed the 200 mark w/my last pregnancy & probably will reach it again this time.  It's hard to see those numbers on the scale, but remember that most of that weight is baby related (increased blood volume, amniotic fluid, placenta, milk & fat stores &, of course, a growing baby). 

Like the PP said, you'll be amazed how quickly most of that weight comes off.  While BFing DS, I dropped below my pre-preg weight, a 40+ lb loss, w/in 6 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ah that is very good to hear as I plan to breast feed! :-)

I almost wish the doctor had just lied to me and let me face the music when I am not so hormonal.  couldn't he just say 195 and holding? lol

BabyFetus Ticker

• I gained 47 pounds with my 1st. I lost all but 2 pounds in about 4 months post baby. Don't worry..it will come off!
  • I can totally sympathize!!!! 65+lb weight gain!  I bawled when I stepped on the scale and saw that. I know that for me a very significant portion of that is retained water. The 200lb mark was a bit of a psychological barrier for me and crossing it was devastating. Just keep your focus on your LO... It's all for them!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Awww, Darlin' (((hugs))).  I think we all have a number in mind as our *barrier* number, and as we inch closer and closer to it, we all have the same thoughts and feelings.  You are not, however, the *f* word . . . you are pregnant, and doing the best you can for yourself and your baby. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You poor thing cut yourself some slack like everyone else has said your having a baby. Trust me this is my 4th and I do not have all the weight off from my last one because I went back to work after he was 6 weeks old and have been working 10-14 hour days for the last year and eating terribly. We are all an emotional roller coaster right now just hang in there I promise the weight will come off.
  • Don't beat yourself up at all....i too am a tall girl (5'11) and im at 195 right now at 20 weeks :(

When i gave birth to my son i weighed 225 at the hospital, a week after birth i weighed 197.....so most came off before i even thought about eating right or exercising and i didnt breastfeed.

Stick with it, eat healthy and you will do fine.  The better food yo ueat, the easier it comes off.  Lean meats and veggies.  :) 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This is my 7th and I have gained 50+ lbs with each pregnancy. Of course, you can add that to the extra 25 lbs that I gained after I turned 35 and you get a total pregnancy weight of a little over 200 lbs for my last pregnancy. woopee. My DH says it's 200 lbs of sexy, so I'll take it. So far, with this pregnancy I am not quite 200 lbs... yet.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"