Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

How did pregnancy change you (and DH)?

Hi Ladies,

I'm working on a story about how pregnancy changes not only women, but also men. I wanted to come to the boards first and ask you about your personal experiences, so if you feel like sharing, post your stories below or email them to me directly: dpettinelli@theknot.com.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Dara

Re: How did pregnancy change you (and DH)?

• Options
    What amazed me was how DH went on a type of heightened alert, which came out in different ways. There were little things, like the day he suggested we add a smoke detector to the nursery, which was adjoining our bedroom, which also had a smoke detector. I thought that was sweet. But it was a bit sad and frustrating to see how much pressure he started putting on himself about making enough money. I'm a working mom, but he still makes about 2x as much. That lasted until DD was about 9 mos, and we both moved on to new jobs with better salaries. But all together, I love how the "daddy instinct" kicks in. It's amazing to see a man become so attached to his child (this continues to amaze me, especially when I see DH taking DD out on their own, when they play together, etc.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I always knew dh would be a great daddy but I never thought that he would be as attached as he is to ds.  I mean unbelievably attached!  He loves to take him to the park for walks, play/see the ducks, they play and wrestle all the time, he loves to take baths together.  He will check on him through the night just to see him and touch him.  Having ds has really brought out the softy side of dh.......big time and dh is a macho/jock type of guy.  I know his heart and he definitely has a soft side but ds has touched on the side of dh big time.  As far as daddy instincts go, he has become more aware of saftey in general and he is cautious of things/enviroments that ds is exposed to. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"