Parenting after a Loss
Options

Diaper/cord question

DD was over 8lbs at birth and managed to lose very little in the hospital. At her 3 day check up, she had gained some back, which was amazing to see. But, she doesn't fit newborn diapers (they look rather squeezed around her belly and thighs) with the cut out for the cord. We have her in size 1's and I'm wondering if anyone else dealt with this? How did you keep the diaper from rubbing the cord? I almost want to try maybe folding the top part down just under the cord. The dr. said you could just put the diaper over it, but of course it rubs and causes some slight bleeding. Any suggestions or anyone deal with the same? Thanks ladies :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper/cord question

• Options
    My DS (weird to type!) was 8lbs 4oz at birth and the hospital gave us size 1s.  The nurses told us to fold it over.
    Taylor Annalee 12/1/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Sean Thomas 1/26/2012 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Angel Baby missed m/c 2/17/11, D&E 2/18/11
  • Options
    Yep.  you have the right idea.  Just fold the top down and then velcro it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The hospital had my LOs in Pampers NBs that didn't have cut outs for the cord. They folded the top of the diaper down. We did the same until their cords fell off and their circs healed, then we moved them into our cloth stash.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    Yes just fold the diaper down past the cord. We had to due this with the pampers we had.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :) The nurses in the hospital were just putting the diaper over the cord and I noticed the it would bleed on the diaper. I'll fold it down. 
  • Options
    Kellen fit in NB size for a while.  Even with the hole cut for the cord, it still would rub so we folded down the diaper and it worked great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just fold the top down a little so that it sits right beneath is belly button/cord. 
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"