High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Ezekiel sprouted bread (GD)

Just thought I'd share-

Yesterday I had a small whole wheat pita w/ cold cuts for lunch & my reading was 119. Today for breakfast I had 2 eggs, spinach, and one slice of Ezekiel bread and my reading was 87. (They had about the same amount of carbs.) I think the sprouted bread my be better than the whole grains for me. The bread is very earthy, but still good! It is made w/o flour. Hope this helps someone else!

Re: Ezekiel sprouted bread (GD)

• Options
    Yep, Ezekiel bread (or any sprouted grain bread) is so much better for your blood sugar (and your body) than regular bread. That's amazing there was such a difference between those two meals! The eggs helped as well... very GD-friendly as well as being great for baby! 
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I ate Ezekiel break for a while (prior to pregnancy), and you're right, is better for your blood sugar in many cases - I am a pre-existing diabetic and I never had any problem/sugar spikes when I ate it.  It's very hearty!  I think it tastes best toasted.  My diabetic counselor advised me to eat the double fiber whole wheat bread in pregnancy, but I may ask if Ezekiel is okay too.
    Cycle 7: BFP 1-17-12, Missed Miscarriage at 8w6d (measured 7w2d, no HB), D&C 2-29-12
    Cycle 9: BFP 5-3-12:EDD 1-24-13 It's a girl! Born 12-27-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know my numbers would be outrageous if I followed the diet they gave me. For dinner you are allowed 52g of carbs. That is more than I would normally eat to begin with!
  • Options
    I would love to try it.  Where can you find it?
  • Options
    I find it in all the Stop & Shop's. It is in the organic section in the freezer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"