Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Is H getting a V-day present? (& What is it)

Mine wasn't, until this morning when my mom told me that I am. We haven't celebrated V-day in forever (other than the free stuff Wink) It was one of the first things to go when money got tight. I feel totally lost... what is it that husbands like these days?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is H getting a V-day present? (& What is it)

• I go back and forth. My birthday happens to be V-day so I figure since I don't get a gift from him on his b-day, why should I give him one on mine? Wink Two years ago I found out he was a little hurt that he didn't get a V-day gift. I felt bad - but ask me when I've EVER received just a Valentines Day gift? Um never. But since he felt a little stung, I did something small for him - made him his favorite dessert (creme brulee), a wonderful dinner, and a V-day card that said how much I loved him and what a great father he (will be at the time) to our DD. He LOVED it. It was really all he wanted.

We also celebrated V-day the day before so that on my birthday we focused on that. Probably didn't help a lot, but hey, that's our story!

Foodie stuff for parents with little time: Katja's Kitchen Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will probably get him some candy so he will share it with me.  
    Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • Loading the player...
  • We're really tight on money with me not working, so I had some $5 reward coupon things from Best Buy and got him Hangover 2. And a card. He's probably getting me Breaking Dawn, I don't expect much else. Valentine's Day isn't a big deal for us.

• We usually go out to dinner, but don't exchange gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I dont really get him anything and never really thought to. Actually the other day my BFF was asking me what she should get her Boyfriend for v-day and i was like - what do you mean? your going to get him something?!

lol. before i was stay at home mom, i worked at a flower shop so my v-day was spend working like a 13 hour day. I did how every get up extra early and made him heart shaped pancakes with strawberries every vday morning, and then usally we will just hang out or MAYBE go out to dinner. 

• My DH is probably getting just a card. I'd like to get DD's handprints on it or something cute like that. I used to enjoy getting jewelry, but I can't wear much with DD pulling, so I don't get anything either. We're on a budget, so it works. He knows not to buy candy because I will eat it all. We might go out to an early dinner with DD the week before or after. We try to avoid restaurants on Valentines Day. We also don't have a babysitter, so not much is happening in terms of a traditional date. Oh, well! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • We don't exchange stuff for V day...although for the last 2 years  I did get an incredible basket of Godiva chocolates...this year we aren't Super Angry lol

I was thinking of getting him The Doctor Who Dictionary but I'll save it for our Anny. and just get all prettied up for dinner.

• Its dd's bday so probably not. If we did I would probably get him something like a nice bottle of whiskey or something practicul like jeans. That's how we roll. We have just never been over the top gift givers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got DH the movie "Courageous". He wants to see it, it's about dads anyway, and it was like $16. We don't ever go over the top. Plus, DS's birthday is V-Day so honestly I think the day is going to be more about him turning ONE than me and DH. Before DS came along, we used to do really sweet cards and something small, under $20. I guess we're still doing that.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• We usually do cards but no gifts. Sometimes he surprises me with some flowers or chocolates or I'll bake him something but we've agreed to get away from presents for V-day/anniversary/etc.
  • Thanks ladies, I'm actually fine with no gifts but if he already got something, I guess I need to get something figured out...
  • I got DH an insulated travel coffee mug from Shutterfly with pictures of us and the boys on it. Under $20, but he can share pictures of his family while he's drinking coffee at his desk.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nope. We discussed it and just decided to go out to dinner as a family. Our "dating anniversary" is next month so if we want to treat ourselves we will do it then.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageflutepharm87:

I got DH an insulated travel coffee mug from Shutterfly with pictures of us and the boys on it. Under $20, but he can share pictures of his family while he's drinking coffee at his desk.

How Awesome - didn't know they had that. I might steel this idea!!

Foodie stuff for parents with little time: Katja's Kitchen Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"