January 2012 Moms

Does your LO sound stuffy?

I swear DD sounds stuffy, but I can't see anything in her nose. It's especially bad when nursing... I don't know how she's breathing!

Anyone else? 

DD 1.18.2012

Re: Does your LO sound stuffy?

• B got a cold around 2 weeks (thank you snotty family members) and is still congested.  When we went to the doctor yesterday, he said that there is no sign of the cold virus still, just congestion which is really common during the first year.

Lots of saline drops and booger sucker-ing (aka bulb syringe) around here. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
    BabyName Ticker
  • DD has been stuffy since birth but is getting better. She was a c-section baby and apparently babies have more mucous when they don't get a vaginal birth. She is breathing fine but every now and then she gasps for air. Her cries are strong so I think it's nothing to be worried about...just a baby growing and getting used to her body.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My lil guy sounds stuffy too! We use a humidifier at night and I booger sucker what I can see out of his nose. The humidifier after his bath helps clear him up, and the warmth helps him fall asleep! 
  • Our boy is stuffy too (his snorts are hilarious).  The pedi said its common in new borns, but suggested buying a humidifier and Little Noses. It hasnt made the congestion completely go away, but we feel like its helping.

• DD is stuffy, partially due to reflux.  It's also normal for newborns to be stuffy for the first month or so as they clear things out and get used to breathing air (according to my WTE the First Year book).

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • lo was so bad he had hard times breathing so we turned the shower on until the bathroom was really steamy and sat in the bathroom with him. It worked!!!! He hasnt had stuffiness since. lo was the same way we couldnt see any boogies but the steam brought them all out and we sucked them up w the bulb. try it!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh, the humidifier! Duh. Too bad ours just broke... will go buy a new one. And try the steam shower in the mean time :)

Thanks ladies! 

DD 1.18.2012
  • yeah... she snores too. but she has a funky little CLCP so I expected breathing issues.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Glad my lo is not the only one.  DD does sound stuffy at times.  Pedi said saline spray and the sucker.  So far its working but, when she wakes up in the middle of the night and cries it sounds stuffy sometimes.  I'll be keeping my room a little cooler now since they shouldn't be too hot.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"