High-Risk Pregnancy

GD experts come in...

im pg with LO #2. When i was pg with DD, I had GD. I was on glyburide for a while and then we managed it with diet. im wondering if there is anything i can do early on in this pregnancy to combat having GD. Any diet tips? Im planning on doing as much excercise as i can to keep things regulated. Is it possible to skip GD with diet and excercise or is it inevitable???
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD experts come in...

• Most people that had GD will have it in any other pregnancies.  Eating well and exercising won't prevent it.  It's about how your body processes pregnancy hormones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesmacb:
    Most people that had GD will have it in any other pregnancies.  Eating well and exercising won't prevent it.  It's about how your body processes pregnancy hormones.

This. GD just happens, you cannot cause or prevent it. If you have it, you have it. Also, since you had it in a previous pregnancy, I would request getting tested early if you doctor doesn't suggest it. I was diagnosed at the standard 28 weeks with #1, and 13 weeks with #2. 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you will do better if you're already on the diet from the start. It won't be harder to transition. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"