Upstate NY Babies

First birthday party ideas, Saratoga area

My baby will be one year old in April (I can't believe it!!) and I want to do something beyond the usual gathering, food and gifts.  I was thinking of hiring an entertainer (like a clown?) or having it someplace fun (NOT Chuck E. Cheese - more baby friendly) but I can't think of anything.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?  What are you all doing for your LO's first birthday?  (I am posting in the April 2011 birth club as well, but want to get local ideas if I can Smile )

Thanks!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First birthday party ideas, Saratoga area

• For DS's 1st birthday we had it in a private room at a restaurant. We didn't have the space at home for the number of people invited.

For his 2nd birthday, we had it at Tumbling Tykes in Latham. The kids had a blast. This party was about the kids, not the adults. 

What about the Saratoga Children's Museum? Or you could hire a children's musician or magician?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was thinking the Saratoga Children's Museum, too.

Have fun!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • hmmm- for DS#1 first bday- I did a farm theme at a hall and I created a "play pasture" with a slide and one of those step 2 crawlers and hay and toys...

for his 2nd bday I did a sesame street theme with a bounce house and ball pit again it was at a hall

Not sure where in the cap district you are but there is mimi's fun factory in e.greenbush/castleton, tumbling tykes, the tree pad in malta, tiny tots tea room (I guess they have boy themed parties too), there is the CMOST museum too

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh - there is also the bouncey place at the mall in CP - they do birthday parties there.  Aframs on Sand Creek in Colonie (near Wolf).also does bouncing parties. 
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"