Babies: 3 - 6 Months

stroller positioning

Hi ladies, we have a britax b-ready and so far we've been using bassinet or a car seat only for our outdoor trips 

https://www.britaxusa.com/strollers/b-ready 

i was wondering when is it appropriate to start using the regular seat?..

thank you for input 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: stroller positioning

• I think you have to wait until they're able to sit unassisted - their core muscles are strong enough for it then. Usually around 6-8 months.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• imageExpectantSteelerFan:
    It depends on if the regular seat reclines and has a 5 pt. harness.  If it does, try it out and see if your LO likes it.

I always thought it was this.  We have a City Mini, which reclines and has a 5 point harness, and we have been thinking of starting to use that as soon as the weather is a little better (it's a pain to take LO out of the infant seat in the car, plus she's all bundled up in there, so we generally just put the whole infant seat on the stroller).  But I can see that sometimes she's tired of being in there and would rather be sitting up more and able to look around.  DD is 4.5 months old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSusieBW:

imageExpectantSteelerFan:
    It depends on if the regular seat reclines and has a 5 pt. harness.  If it does, try it out and see if your LO likes it.

I always thought it was this.  We have a City Mini, which reclines and has a 5 point harness, and we have been thinking of starting to use that as soon as the weather is a little better (it's a pain to take LO out of the infant seat in the car, plus she's all bundled up in there, so we generally just put the whole infant seat on the stroller).  But I can see that sometimes she's tired of being in there and would rather be sitting up more and able to look around.  DD is 4.5 months old.

We have a City Mini and have been putting him in it since he was probably a month.  We wedge a blanket around him and were just going around the block so I wasn't worried.  Now that he's a little bigger, I still wedge a blanket around him but I've got him sitting up so he can look around and we go for longer walks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the B-Ready and I still use it with the car seats (easier with the twins) but we've just experimented with putting them into the regular seat every now and then to see if they were big enough or ready for it. My DS likes it and was ready for it around 4 months (around 15-16 lbs I think) but my DD doesn't like being in a reclining position much other than in her car seat so I haven't really tried with her. I say just put them in it an see how they fit and push it around the garage (or whatever space right at home), they'll let you know if they don't like it!
    4thofJuly2012-cpd
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    after 10 weeks of bedrest for contractions and shorting cvx they arrived at 32 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"