August 2011 Moms

advice

I saw were another knottie posted about a wedding and got good advice so i thought i would ask you guys and maybe get some responses from some women who are actually mothers and are more caring lol....i have a currently 51/2 month old son(he will be 13months when i get married) im not marring his dad...i want to incorperate him into the wedding as more then just a ring barrier because of the fact that he is my child.

I was told just to dress him up nice and take pictures with him because he wont remember it....I know he wont but I will and I want to be able to tell him years from now that he was that important to the both of us. FI wants to include hime to.

any suggestions? sorry for any mispelling

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: advice

• You could have him walk you (it would really slow down the walk but be super cute).  You could also have him along with your parents give you away.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have heard in some ceremonies, although this was with older children, of doing some sort of exchange or giving them something (like may a nice pocket watch) that would be a keepsake and make a little vow with it from FI to DS.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • WOW I could have wrote this myself!!

I am getting married in June 2013 LO will be almost two by then and I am not getting married to his father but FI wants to adopt him and Sporm donor has nothing to do with LO. 

We (FI and I) talked about this just the other day.  We def want him up there and FI wants to say something about us all being a family but not sure how we are going to do it yet.  Thinking of having my brother who will be a grooms men hold him. 

Another idea...if they cant really walk yet we went to a wedding..while it was outside and def a redneck wedding the idea was cute....They had there little one in a wagon ...so he did not have to stand still for to long or what not and had some toys in there as well. 

Another thing I have seen is the "step father" gets the child something from him and gives it before the ring is given to mom.  I know your LO will be young but maybe some kind of special keep sake something...

Hope this helps and GL!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Some people like to do a symbolic "merge" of the two people getting married by having the bride and groom each pour sand or water in a vase, or each hold a lit candle and bring them together so that there is only one flame (like in a baptism).

I wouldn't do the candle thing with a 13 month old, but I'm thinking the water/ sand ceremony might be doable for him and so it could be the 3 of you doing it instead of just you and your FI 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

Some people like to do a symbolic "merge" of the two people getting married by having the bride and groom each pour sand or water in a vase, or each hold a lit candle and bring them together so that there is only one flame (like in a baptism).

I wouldn't do the candle thing with a 13 month old, but I'm thinking the water/ sand ceremony might be doable for him and so it could be the 3 of you doing it instead of just you and your FI 

good idea!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

Some people like to do a symbolic "merge" of the two people getting married by having the bride and groom each pour sand or water in a vase, or each hold a lit candle and bring them together so that there is only one flame (like in a baptism).

I was going to suggest a sand ceremony. You can find lots of beautiful poems/sayings online and have a family member or someone read it while you pour the sand. Try searching for family sand ceremony vows.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would incorporate him just like other people do their kids even if he's young. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks everyone they are all wonderful ideas
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"