Pregnant after a Loss

Babies R Us trade in program

Hey Ladies!

Just a few hours ago I was offered a crib for $40. I wasn't going to get one until after our a/s but seems like a deal I cant pass up..but I'm torn. WWYD?

The used crib is a light oak color (which would be my last choice) and has an attached changing table on the side (Which I also don't like). I believe it might have been on the recall list as well.

I was considering maybe saying yes and taking it to Babies R Us to cash in on the 25% off new when you bring in a used item. But I think the sale ends in 1 month so we'd have to do our research and decide soon! Do you ladies know how often they run this promotion? Also, the cribs I have looked at briefly were between 200 and 250 so the trade in would only save us $60 at the most. (If the trade in program is in fact 25% off) WWYD? 

Married since 06/2004, TTC since 01/2011

BFP #1 and M/C 5/2011

BFP #2 7/1/2011, Blighted ovums officially diagnosed at 9w6d, D&C 8/19/2011.

BFP #3 12/7/2011, EDD 8/15/2012, Harper Lorelai born 8/09/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Babies R Us trade in program

• They run 2-3 times a year. So you really would save $20 if I am reading this correctly? $40 for the used crib, then $60 off new crib. I say skip the trade in and use a 20% coupon that comes out every month. Usually it is good on one item, I used one for DS's crib, they usually exclude a few brands. 
    image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
    Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
    Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12
  • Right! $40 sounds like such a great deal but if I'm going to trade it in I don't save much and those coupons they seem to send all the time would save me more. Sorry just needed to type it out I guess! Stick out tongue
    Married since 06/2004, TTC since 01/2011

BFP #1 and M/C 5/2011

BFP #2 7/1/2011, Blighted ovums officially diagnosed at 9w6d, D&C 8/19/2011.

BFP #3 12/7/2011, EDD 8/15/2012, Harper Lorelai born 8/09/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would try to find someone ok your network with broken or out of date gear and ask them if you could use it for the trade in.... My MIL has an expired carseat from when my SIL had small kids and I plan to trade it ok for q rock n play.... Usually the event is twice a year, I would not pay to trade it in
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
  • I posted on a freecycle group that I was looking for used car seats that needed to be recycled and got some that way.  Craigslist is another option,  it I wouldn't pay anything to trade in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just an FYI, I got a crib for $150 from WalMart, it is the Graco Stanton which comes in espresso, white, and I think another color. There is also the Graco Lauren that I have seen a lot of other women having on here and that one is $150 as well.

• I was told by a staff person at my BRU that they run it 2x a year.  If you're questioning if it was recalled and it's your last choice of color, I don't see a problem with trading it in, especially since many pieces now are convertible and you will have them for years and years through their childhood.  I would want a full matching set to keep for a long time that i really love.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"