December 2011 Moms
Options

Medical Bills

When did you receive them?

I had LO on December 27th and haven't heard anything from the hospital. My insurance has sent me an estimate from my doctor's portion but I haven't been charged yet. It's making me nervous!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Medical Bills

• Options
    I had my LO on Nov 30th and have yet to get the actual bill! I hold my breath every day when I check the mail.
    EDD 12/9/11, Team Blue Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had DD on December 27th, and we got our medical bill from the hospital last week.  Today we got the bill for my epidural.  I'm sure you'll be getting it soon! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It took well over a month for us. Expect a bill from both your obgyn and the hospital.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    I've gotten obgyn and hospital today. I'm still expecting my Ob, delivering Ob, pedi, and cardiologist (all sepArate billing entities) ugh. 
    Angel Baby -EDD 6/10/11 m/c at 9w2d on 11/7/10 Our Early Christmas Gift - A Beautiful Baby Girl Born December 18, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had Charlotte on November 24. I got both of our bills in the beginning of this month.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Mine took about a little less than a month - getting them was an AWESOME Christmas present. :/
  • Options
    LO was born on the 23rd and we just got our actual bill last week. I had gotten statements from both the hospital and insurance a couple weeks after the birth but they were pending with insurance until last week. 
  • Options
    L was born Dec 21st. We pre-paid my OB and the anesthesiologist. We have not yet received a bill from the hospital or pediatrician.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just got my hospital bill Monday. I received my OB bill last month and am still waiting on the MFM bill. I am still waiting on Jude's bill for the hospital and cardiologist as well.
  • Options
    I just got mine this week and DD was born on 12/28. 
  • Options
    I got mine from the hospital, but our insurance covers everything except a $500 hits hospital admission deductible.  All other maternity was covered in full so I'm not expecting any other bills.  The total amount pre-insurance was almost $25k, so I am more than grateful for my teachers union and their good health insurance negotiations.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS was born 12/22 and we had them all within 3 weeks. They wasted absolutely no time.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options

imageuncharch7:
    DS was born 12/22 and we had them all within 3 weeks. They wasted absolutely no time.

This, totally. My hospital offers a 15% discount if you pay within 10 days of you statement, so I was actuall glad to get it early while I still had the $$. 

• Options
    DD was born December 6 and we haven't seen a bill yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD was born Dec 2 and my bills were all here by 6 weeks I think.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    I just got the first bill this last Thursday. I had DS on dec 11th.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DD was born December 6 and I got the bills ths weekend. Hospital and anesthesiologist came on the same day.

On a somewhat related note: Itemized bills make me laugh. It showed up charged for a L&D room, recovery room & room/board. But the hospital I delivered at, you labor, deliver, and recover all in the same room. Hmm..Thank God for great insurance.

• Options
    I had DS on Dec 19 and we just started receiving bills last week. So far we've just seen the anesthesiologist and the OB who assisted with my c-section. I'm expecting more to come soon because I've already seen te statements from my insurance. This is the first time I've had to use insurance for something other than routine yearly visits, and I am soooo thankful to have good insurance. My bills have all been under $20.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got my bill exactly a month after her birth (the 18th). All I owed was $250 thank goodness.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS was born December 16th, and I got the bill for the hospital copay (which is all I expect to pay) last week.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LO was born on 12-20 and we have yet to receive our bill. OB appointments were all covered after a $30 copay (1 time) and our hospital bill is just over $1,600. I went onto our insurance account to see how much we owe so it won't be so much of a shock when we get it.
  • Options
    DS was born on NYE and we got our bills last week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"