Natural Birth
Options

Pictures/Video during L&D

Just wondered if anyone is planning to have someone take photos and/or video during L&D. I was against this for my son's birth because i thought it would be uncomfortable but after seeing photos of laboring women and videos of those first precious moments after birth I wish i had some. My sister is going to be with me for this birth (along with DH) so i was thinking to ask her to take photos during labor and video the birth. Just wondered others experience with this. Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pictures/Video during L&D

• Options
    My hospital did not allow pictures/videos of the actual birth, and at the time I didn't really think I wanted it anyway.  But I do regret not taking a few shots of video/pics while I was in labor.  I think it would have been cool to have.  I was totally naked, so they wouldn't really be made public but still...
  • Options
    I'm so bummed about not having taken any at DD's birth, that I sure do plan on it this time around!  :o)
    If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doula took some photos, and I treasure them so so much.  I want to hire a birth photographer for next time, I think.  I don't think anyone would ever regret having them.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have video of leaving for L&D and walking into the hospital, then I made DH put it away until after she was born. He did get video pretty much as soon as she was out and on my chest and I love seeing that :) We didn't take any still photos until after she was cleaned up, just too caught up in everything.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I don't have pictures of the birth but as soon as the boys have been placed on my chest DH has started taking photos.
    Wedding 6.18.04 Cole 11.20.06 Gavin 3.31.08 Parker 07.15.10 Logan 04.03.12
  • Options
    My sister took pictures for me during my homebirth and they are amazing!  I actually just went back and looked through them :)  I can't tell you how glad I am that we have them.  A bunch of them are really for my eyes only, but there are others that I could share with family/close friends.  It's just crazy to go back and see the whole process, I kept my eyes closed through 90% of the pushing phase (which lasted about 2 hours) so I missed a lot! 
    imageimage 
  • Options

my births were both photographed and the first was videotaped (up until my planned homebirth was transferred to the hospital)

the second birth was professionally photographed. i ADORE these pictures!!! 

• Options

I told DH no pictures during labor/delivery.  And I'm glad for it.

He took several photos of our son in the few minutes after he was born and we do treasure.  I'm sure I'll ask him to take photos of the baby before she's cleanup up.

DH took a few pics of me in the days after delivery.  They were awful.  I burst the blood vessels in my eyes, and I had bruises under my eyes, and I was oh so swollen.  I looked terrible.  Sure it would have been worse if he took them as I labored.

• Options
    I realllyyy want some. We absolutely can't afford a photographer (which I'd love). We're going to bring the camera fully charged and let the midwives know we want pictures. Hopefully we get a 2nd midwife(you end up with one or two at my center) and one of the three of them can get a few pictures during the whole process.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My husband took a video of both boys shortly after they were delivered...so we have video of their first cries, but I dont need to see me in labor. I'm figuring its something akin to my ugly-cry.

He took a picture of my tailbone during labor the second time around because apparently DS #2 was pushing it out....it looked really weird. I made him put the camera away until baby arrived after that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"