Breastfeeding

Breastfeeding while pregnant?

Has anyone tried to bf during pregnancy?  I just found out I was expecting again and my son is 7 months and is fully breastfed.  My dr. called today to tell me I'm low on progesterone and need to stop bfing while I take supplements:(  I read somewhere bf causes low progesterone although Lactation consultant said it should be fine even taking supplements.  Thought about pumping until placenta takes over production of the hormone, but not if it will endanger the pregnancy.  Any advice?
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Breastfeeding while pregnant?

• I breastfeed during my second pregnancy until I was 6 mos along. I didn't have to take progestion but I'd get a second opinion before weaning LO. A lot of the time drs tell u to quit nursing while on medication but a lot of the time that isn't needed.
  • kellymom.com has some good resources too.

I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice/info. It's so sad to think about weaing.  I don't want to at all but don't want to harm either baby in any way.  If I was sure bfing didn't cause low progesterone I'd just pump until the placenta takes over production and resume after the meds were out of my system.  More research.....
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"